Author Topic: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration  (Read 28970 times)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2019, 01:09:58 PM »
Turnabout is fair play and the bureaucrats and politicians lie enough.

Beyond that, there are two conversions I would love to see for Hunter kits.  The 3-foot extension at the front transport joint that the CFE wanted for greater range (I also agree with Roy Braybrook that it would make the aircraft even more aesthetically appealing) and the P.1091 delta-winged version.  I could see that developed as a P.1091B with some careful area-ruling, then developed with the CFE extension, Fieri intakes (Hunter looks made for those), radar, and a more powerful engine as a supersonic interceptor, then as a multi-role fighter.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »
Just an odd thought, India decides they need more fighter capability but don't have fistfuls of money, so go with a CILOP program to produce zero-timed Hunters powered by dry RD33 engines.

Upgrade the weapons fit, too - Y-racks for AA-8 or AA-11 missiles under each outboard hard point.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 01:14:35 PM by elmayerle »

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »
Of course, for an upgrade in the 60s, perhaps a dry J79?  Though I suspect that might require some extra engine bay cooling air as I believe the J79 runs rather hotter than the Avon.