Author Topic: Panavia Tornado possibilities  (Read 41334 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: Panavia Tornado possibilities
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2022, 07:57:53 AM »
Canada spends bundles of money to have something built cheap  ---- na! na! na! where did you get that idea from ------

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2022, 11:10:12 AM »
Canada buys retired (junked) Tornadoes from Britain on the cheap and rewings them with F-18 parts for supposed bargain basement price aircraft that costs a bundle in engineering work to get it to work!

Oh, sure, it's funny now. But how can we be absolutely sure that it won't actually happen  :o
"The trouble ... is that I am really doing it completely backward. Investigation is the only agenda I have. If people are asking for clarification, they will be out of luck." - William Gibson

Offline Kerick

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2022, 01:16:43 PM »
Canada buys retired (junked) Tornadoes from Britain on the cheap and rewings them with F-18 parts for supposed bargain basement price aircraft that costs a bundle in engineering work to get it to work!

Oh, sure, it's funny now. But how can we be absolutely sure that it won't actually happen  :o

Quick, make sure all those Tonka airframes have been made into pop cans and motor homes!

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2022, 09:04:28 PM »

Like the purchase of the old Aussie F-18's, it's costing more to upgrade them to current RCAF standard than the cost to buy them.

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2022, 03:22:49 AM »
Like the purchase of the old Aussie F-18's, it's costing more to upgrade them to current RCAF standard than the cost to buy them.

Evidence?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.