Author Topic: Logan's Profiles - SdKfz 231 Halbkettenfahrzeug  (Read 204909 times)

Re: Logan's Profiles - USAF V-507 Vagabond - 318th FIS
« Reply #750 on: June 06, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »
That's a good news. Can't wait to see more  :D

When I grew up, I would make a scratch build of this aircraft...

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
Re: Logan's Profiles - USAF V-507 Vagabond - 318th FIS
« Reply #751 on: June 07, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »
Love it and love the concept of the USAF adopting the VFX as an interceptor to replace the F-106. 

Toyed with a similar idea years ago, Grumman F-14 though.  It would have made a very interesting alt USAF and perhaps would have seen a more multi-role F-15 much earlier, a true replacement for the F-4.

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Re: Logan's Profiles - *Spoilers*
« Reply #752 on: August 08, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
Belated "Thank You!" for the kind words, guys!

If the forum had spoiler tags, I'd use them here.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #753 on: August 08, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
A single-engine Bf-109 derivative similar to the Yak-15?  It could be an interesting inspiration for using Igor's conversion.

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
« Reply #754 on: August 08, 2015, 09:49:47 PM »
Heinkel put a jet engine on He 100?

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
You all may remember that Talos shared the line art for this project some time ago, so I don't mind giving an actual preview of this next profile. I don't have the panel lines on this one and the canopy will likely change eventually, but it's getting there. I need to add some weathering and put a few dents in the new part, but it's coming along alright so far.

Anyway, it should give you some idea of what we're working on. You could probably approximate the look pretty closely with a Yak-15 and He 100 kitbash if you were so inclined.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »
Very promising Logan! Nice work already :)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #757 on: August 11, 2015, 07:55:20 PM »
Now that looks very nice, and quite promising.  I wonder if the nose from Igor's single-engine Bf109TL conversion would work?  I have several of those.

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #758 on: August 11, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »
I wonder if the nose from Igor's single-engine Bf109TL conversion would work?  I have several of those.

I don't see why not.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #759 on: August 11, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »
 :-* Marvelous! Thanks!

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
« Reply #760 on: September 15, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »
You all may remember that Talos shared the line art for this project some time ago, so I don't mind giving an actual preview of this next profile. I don't have the panel lines on this one and the canopy will likely change eventually, but it's getting there. I need to add some weathering and put a few dents in the new part, but it's coming along alright so far.

Anyway, it should give you some idea of what we're working on. You could probably approximate the look pretty closely with a Yak-15 and He 100 kitbash if you were so inclined.

Cheers,

Logan

Interesting Logan, and yet seems such a natural progression for a simple jet fighter for the closing years of the Reich's Luftwaffe!

M.A.D

Offline Nexus1171

• SC
  • I go by many names...you may know one...
« Reply #761 on: October 18, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »
I'm not sure if you do requests but I was thinking if you have any interest in the following

WWII Era

P-61 / F-15 Reporter Hybrid
Concept: P-61 without the gunner, the radar operator behind the pilot, and the XP-61E/XF-15 Reporter's aft fuselage
Purpose: Looks cooler, and is more practical as the P-61 never needed a turret-operator in practice (plus, the gunner wasn't even fitted always)
Other: Since bubble canopies weren't always used, a canopy configuration something like the A6M, or early Hawker Typhoon, or Grumman XF5F-5, which used metal bracing and multiple window-panels to provide the canopy shape would definitely suffice.

P-65 Tigercat
Concept: F7F-3 in USAAF colors
Purpose: Would have been awesome in USAAF service

Post-War Era

F8U-3 Crusader III
Concept: F8U-3 in USN colors
Purpose: The F8U-3 was a better performer than the F-4 in agility and speed and it looked WAY cooler
Other: It was possible to carry a gun-pack in the rear-fuselage if the need for a gun came into play...

Even if you do take any requests: I don't expect anybody to do all of them, I'd be mostly happy if *any* were done.  It's hard work to make drawings like yours.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:37:12 AM by Nexus1171 »

Offline Logan Hartke

• Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #762 on: October 21, 2015, 02:42:16 AM »
A night fighter variant of the P-61F has been planned for some time, and if I can ever discover some free time lying around my house, again, I may actually get to it.

I think the Tigercat is neat, but there are USAAF Tigercats scattered around the internet, already, so that's not something I'd do.

As far as the F8U-3 goes, you might see a full profile set from Talos one of these days, but not me. He likes it, but I find the Crusader III to be absolutely hideous and refuse to do a profile of it. Ugly as sin. No me gusta.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Nexus1171

• SC
  • I go by many names...you may know one...
« Reply #763 on: October 21, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
Logan

A night fighter variant of the P-61F has been planned for some time, and if I can ever discover some free time lying around my house, again, I may actually get to it.
Sounds great

I think the Tigercat is neat, but there are USAAF Tigercats scattered around the internet, already, so that's not something I'd do.
Okay
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:20:51 AM by Nexus1171 »

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
« Reply #764 on: November 06, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »
I find the Crusader III to be absolutely hideous and refuse to do a profile of it. Ugly as sin

Ha ha  ;D
That's funny Logan

Regards
Pioneer