Author Topic: 1/48 Sea Beau  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: 1/48 Sea Beau
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »
Coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing it completed with the wings folded.

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2019, 09:37:00 PM »
Looks really good

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »
Thanks, guys! :icon_alabanza:

She's starting to come together properly, now! :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2019, 02:45:03 AM »
Looking good.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2019, 03:14:00 AM »
The inside details on your wing fold bits is still the best part of this whole project. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2019, 06:55:34 AM »
Thanks, gents! :smiley:

Transfers (decals) arrived today! :D

Unfortunately gloss coat didn't happen yesterday, so I'll have to get onto that straight away! :))
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline ScranJ51

• Fast Jet, Fast Prop, Fast Racing Cars - thats me!!
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »
Looking really good Wombat!!!!
Fast Jet, Fast Prop, Fast Racing Cars - thats me!!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
Thanks, Scran! :smiley:

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2019, 03:13:16 AM »
as I want it ready for the South Australian Model Expo on Saturday & I'm fairly sure it ain't gunna be.
Don't push it for a show! Can't tell you how many models I ruined that way. Stopped building to deadlines years ago. Much better on your mental health, for sure!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2019, 09:49:51 AM »
I'm not pushing it too fast, just doing it too long (according to SWMBO). ;)

I'm now less worried about "rushing to get it done stuff-ups" than I am about my regular "coming to the end of the build stuff-ups". :-\

Airbrushing "micro-colours" at the moment. You know, the tiny patches of colour that must be airbrushed or they look shite? Red, yellow, etc.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
Just running Testors' Dullcote through my airbrush for the first time &, I must say, I'm impressed! :smiley:

Always knew it was good from the rattle can but it's just as good with my poor airbrushing technique, much better than the Tamiya rattle cans I've been using, both for coverage & not reacting with the paints it's covering.

If you can get it, I'd recommend using it!

Of course, it may just be that I'm half-stoned from the fumes but, well, that could be a bonus, too. ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:52:25 PM by Old Wombat »

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2019, 04:34:33 AM »
I'm not pushing it too fast, just doing it too long (according to SWMBO). ;)

Funny, from that source, complaints like those usually go the other way around  ;D

Of course, it may just be that I'm half-stoned from the fumes but, well, that could be a bonus, too. ;)

Hehe  :D  I know what you mean about the Tamiya rattle can Flat clear. Somehow they never quite match the effect of Dullcote :smiley:
"And loot some for the old folks, Can't loot for themselves"

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2019, 01:58:59 PM »
Well, unless a miracle happens, this is shelved for the duration or for all time.

What happened? Well, one of my usual end of build tricks - after removing all the tape & liquid mast from the clear bits, I test fitted the parts back on the model, then flipped the model over to do some work on a small fix-up job & "tink" something hit something. I'd removed the gunners canopy & the props, they were on the bench, but the pilots canopy is AWOL. I've all but torn the room apart (I've removed & checked the boxes & sweep the floor & under the bench supports), checked my clothing from last night, cleaned up the work bench ... Nothing!

I'm afraid the vinyl monster may have had it for a midnight snack. :o

So, as it stands, if I find the canopy, I'll finish it, if I don't, it's spare parts sometime in the future. :icon_crap:

To say I'm f___ed off doesn't even come close to describing how I feel right now.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2019, 02:11:48 PM »
Sorry to hear this, such a bummer.  :icon_crap:
Incident does not make your builds any lesser quality for the rest us to enjoy.
Lot of impressive building in Sea Beau.  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:

Offline buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »
Mate, that is so sad.
Not making to SA Expo this year. Bring it to the Aussie Model Expo in June 2020 ;)