Author Topic: 24-Hour build - WHIF AVGP Grizzly  (Read 756 times)

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
Re: 24-Hour build - WHIF AVGP Grizzly
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 02:27:21 AM »
@TankModeler - where did you source the side rails and tailgate parts for the cargo section on your LAV?  Scratch-Built or scrounged?   
Essentially scratchbuilt.

I had, inthe depths of my spares collection, an ancient (like I bought them 25-30 years ago) set of lumber stock for an HO railway lumberyard. The largest pieces had "woodgrain" that was waaaaay too big, even in 1/35, much less HO, but the pieces were the right size and I just cut them down and added the C channel structure from Plastruct and then added Grandt Line bolts to hold them in place.

Probably took me 1.5 - 2 hours of my build time to do the stake body walls and another 90 minutes to cut away the hull and scratchbuild the new truck bed portion.

If I was doing it with more time I'd have added tie-downs to the bed, hinges and brackets to hold the stake body pieces and a few more details, but I'm pretty please with it as it is.

Paul

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 06:11:21 AM »
@TankModeler - I have that same set of HO scale stacked lumber and yes, the wood grain details are over the top.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Marderman

• Guess what he builds lots of...
    • didi-berlage.de
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
Armed Bush-Taxi ? :D

Offline tankmodeler

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 02:44:45 AM »
Armed Bush-Taxi ? :D
More a suburban Zombie surival pick-up.  ;)

Offline Robomog

• Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 09:42:48 AM »
This is amazing for a 24 hour build. Another model absolutely screaming out for a diorama treatment

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline tankmodeler

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 01:42:17 AM »
Not a diorama, but I am going to try and get it onto a scenic base for an upcoming contest. Some broken concrete and sidewalk plus a few "jersey barriers" and some refuse, etc.

Paul

Offline Robomog

• Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 06:37:48 AM »
That will work, looking forward to the result.

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............