Author Topic: AH-1W Cobra, an OOB build (well, almost)  (Read 526 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: AH-1W Cobra, an OOB build (well, almost)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 12:41:46 AM »
Still waiting for a lot of sun but here's a couple of it finished from inside the house.  Last pic is of it next to my CH-151 Thunderbird

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »
Remember the Thunderbird from way back when.  :-* Loved the chocolate chip camo then. Still do.

Interesting bit about the Hobbycraft Zulu. Confirms my suspicions. Opened the kit and thought it was a bit on the small side.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:30:06 AM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 08:50:24 AM »
Great stuff Robert and your paintwork as always is simply masterful.

Brian da Basher

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 08:55:11 AM »
Thanks guys ---

This is the first time in a long while that I've actually finished off a model in a flat finish, most of mine are either satin or glossy. I used Humbrol clear flat but I had thinned it out almost 2/3rds thinner.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
Very nice job, mate! :smiley: :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 10:52:28 PM »
Thanks Guy ---

Yesterday I was carrying on going through the stash to record what was in each box (I've got to 24 at the moment) to make it easier to find kits I'm looking for (my Excel spread sheet has got all mixed up somehow and I need to sort it out too). I found I had bought a Bell 412 in RAF SAR colours (all red and yellow), I left it out close to hand  ;)

Mind you, I've manage to convince swmbo that I should move the hobby room into the other half of the basement (that's the whole half  ;D )
so my son can use the other three rooms in the other half (the hobby room was one of the small rooms in that half. That means I can assemble all the shelving I had bought a long time ago and have the stash more readily available.