Author Topic: HMAS Sydney  (Read 527 times)

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
HMAS Sydney
« on: August 05, 2018, 04:45:27 PM »
While Bellerophon awaits the arrival of some new paint I've returned to my HMAS Sydney. 

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: HMAS Sydney
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:25 AM »
Most excellent and quite the accomplishment in such an apparently small scale!

Brian da Basher

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:17:16 AM »
Nice! :smiley:

I'd like a HMAS Sydney (I) in 1/350, then I'd buy a SMS Emden & do a little Christmas Island/North Keeling diorama (it bugs me that there are Emden kits in 1/350 available but no Sydney kits).
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:40:26 AM »

I'd like a HMAS Sydney (I) in 1/350, then I'd buy a SMS Emden & do a little Christmas Island/North Keeling diorama (it bugs me that there are Emden kits in 1/350 available but no Sydney kits).

Yeah never understood it myself.  I was going to do a dio myself with Emden, but decided I wanted a version of each Sydney by themselves

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 07:17:22 PM »

Yeah never understood it myself.  I was going to do a dio myself with Emden, but decided I wanted a version of each Sydney by themselves

I recommend Dutch Fleet Naval Miniatures on Shapeways for the last two HMAS Sydneys (FFG7 and F100) https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dutchfleet?section=Australia&s=0

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »

I recommend Dutch Fleet Naval Miniatures on Shapeways for the last two HMAS Sydneys (FFG7 and F100) https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dutchfleet?section=Australia&s=0

Thanks for the heads up.  For Sydney IV i recently picked up the dragon version.

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:44:37 PM »
That was clever went to edit a spelling error and deleted the post. 

Anyway, here it is again, the current state of my HMAS Sydney collection.  The carrier arrived today.  really need to get back to work on them.

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 06:14:30 PM »
Where's the carrier from?

Offline Camthalion

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »
 L'Arsenal.  I got Glory so it came with the right aircraft.  some mods and it should look like Sydney in the Korean war i hope

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
L'Arsenal.  I got Glory so it came with the right aircraft.  some mods and it should look like Sydney in the Korean war i hope

Cool, not cheap though.