Author Topic: L/F: 1/72 Huntington BL.755 CBU's  (Read 367 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
L/F: 1/72 Huntington BL.755 CBU's
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:48:35 PM »
Hi guys, I'm looking for Huntington BL.755 Cluster Bomb Units in 1/72 (Wingman Models already do them in my preferred 1/48).

If anyone knows if anyone makes them, it'll be you gents! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Re: L/F: 1/72 Huntington BL.755 CBU's
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:30 AM »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:04:36 AM »
That'd be them! :D

Thanks, mate! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:23:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are included in Airfix's first 1/72 kits of second-generation Harriers.  I could probably find some in the stash if needs be.  I reckon the set shown would be more accurate and detailed, though.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
Hi Evan! :smiley:

Accuracy isn't paramount but would be nice.

Having just looked at the site, the big problem with those racks of BL.755's is that they cost about AU$15/set-of-2-racks & I need a minimum of 3 sets, up to 6 (so, 12 x 2-bomb racks) ... maybe more. :-\

I have a Jag GR.1/A, a couple of AV-8B's & a couple of F-4's to put them on (& the Toom carries a lot of them!).

Although. if they come with the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tags*, it may be worth it. ;)

*; Not, btw, shown in the Air-Graphics site images except on the built product.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »
I'll have to do a fair bit of digging to find the kits.  With the recovery time from my operation, that may be a while (48 hours before I can drive, two weeks before I can do any lifting more than 10 pounds - and some of the storage boxes in the local stash exceed that).  If you need me to go looking, I will as soon as I can.

I just checked on Ebay, the Airfix Harrier GR.5 and Harrier GR.7 kits have six BL755s each and there is one seller who has several of the GR.7 kits for a reasonable price.  Worse come worst, I'll buy 3 or 6 of those, ship you the BL755s and fit other armament to the kits and/or do some whiffing for other variants (for example, bits and pieces from two fuselages to make the lengthened one proposed for a "Harrier III").  Considering that you are in Australia, the shipping won't be inexpensive (ask Zack what just a 1/72 A-7 canopy ran me) but I'm sure we can work something out.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:04:23 PM by elmayerle »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:06 PM »
Ah, yes, postage! :-\

If anyone finds it too expensive I can do PayPal or money order, & I'm fairly sure I can do direct transfer to your bank account (if you have the BSB* & Account numbers).

*: I don't know if this is international or just Australian.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »
Paypal works fine for me.  Let me know if you want me to go after those kits and I will.  The remaining bits will allow me room to whif some goodies (think the French would go with a French equipment fit where practical and fly them from modified Mistral-class ships?) in both markings/users. weapons fit, and derivatives.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »
Here is a sprue shot from the Airfix GR.7. Note it comes with 4 different noses.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:51:49 AM by The Big Gimper »

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 11:15:57 AM »
I'm using an Italeri Tonka, & a Hasegawa dual-boxing of both the AV-8B & the Toom. All pretty much OoB, except for load-outs & schemes.

Those Airfix BL.755's seem to be missing the reinforced "saddle" over the top but I can work around that, if necessary.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 07:24:57 PM »

Lord Vader
by The Big DV, on the Republic version of Flickr
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:27:22 PM by The Big Gimper »

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 09:42:57 PM »
 ;D

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »
Another source are, strangely enough, Hasegawa's F-16 kits. Not much more detailed than Airifx's efforts, though, I'm afraid. Especially the arming vane is somewhat simplified.

SOURCE

Really wish Eduard would do these in resin. With a separate arming vane either in resin or PE.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 10:28:52 PM »
But they do have the "saddle" over the top! :smiley:

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 03:56:05 AM »
The recent Info Eduard hints at some 1/48 BL.755s. With any luck we'll see them in 1/72 soon thereafter.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"