Author Topic: Tamiya king George v  (Read 536 times)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
Re: Tamiya king George v
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »

Hi all well the rest of the eduard pe has arrived now I have to cut off all the little boxes I just spent ages painting on the decks also the blast shields and all the doors off all the superstructure 

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 03:24:34 AM »
Hi all well I've added a miniscule amount of the huge amount of pe to this and I've realised someone made a big mistake how do you open these doors.

Encase you can't see from the pics there is a box about 1 mill in font of a 3 mill door 

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 02:34:25 AM »
Well it's been a long time since I put a ship on a stand (usually I have them in a dio of some sort) I think the last one I put on a stand was the La Royale de France.
I'm not sure I like the supplied stand maybe I will put her in a dry dock.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »
Stand looks very basic compared to what you're putting together there.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »
Like contrast of wood look main deck with light & dark gray superstructure.  Is good.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 02:10:02 AM »
Hi all well this will probably be my last update before we get back from our hols we will be packing tomorrow night.
Got to say I'm really looking forward to a week in the sun doing nothing at all with a drink in my hand and my every whim catered for.

I'm thinking of drilling out all the portholes (I say thinking as there are a lot of them)