Author Topic: Photobucket woes +++ Now with FIX for Firefox & Chrome! (late Aug 2017)  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
Re: Photobucket woes
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 07:41:39 AM »
I'm seeing the "no 3rd party hosting" pics on forums all over  :-\
same here
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
<...> as my pics are still showing <...>

Yeah, so much for that.... :icon_twisted: Looks like my links are busted now as well.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 05:55:54 AM »
<...> as my pics are still showing <...>

Yeah, so much for that.... :icon_twisted: Looks like my links are busted now as well.

Mine too now, I received an email this morning saying my links have been disconnected but if I cough up the ransom everything will be fine

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »
Just in case anyone needed a thumbnail of all this:

No 3rd party hosting from free accounts.

3rd party hosting will be disabled after December 31, 2018 for paid Plus accounts below the extortionate $400/year level:

TOS linky

Relevant bit:

"ANY PAYING MEMBER WHOSE PLUS ACCOUNT WAS IN GOOD STANDING AS OF JUNE 1, 2017, SHALL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE ALL THE PHOTOBUCKET SERVICES THAT WERE AVAILABLE TO HIM/HER ON SUCH DATE, INCLUDING IMAGE LINKING AND 3RD PARTY IMAGE HOSTING, UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2018 AS LONG THEY MAINTAIN THEIR CURRENT PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION OR A HIGHER LEVEL PLUS ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION DURING SUCH PERIOD OF TIME."

I just renewed at the end of May. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have.

I hope this helps and apologies if the above is now common knowledge.

Brian da Basher

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:44:22 AM by Brian da Basher »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 05:36:51 AM »
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up doing a runner ----

But for everyones info, I deleted all my albums, then deleted the account with them.  I think I have some photos here which I had linked to PB, sorry if they are now deleted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:38:54 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
Whoa! They're a quite an optimistic bunch, aren't they? Expecting to still have members one and a half years from now! I suppose they'll be lucky if they survive this year. 

<...> I received an email this morning saying my links have been disconnected but if I cough up the ransom everything will be fine

They didn't even bother sending me an e-mail. Guess they think I don't have any moneyz they could extort.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
A damned shame that there is no way to throat punch PB for being a giant douche-nozzle
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 12:52:44 AM »
@Brian: Thank you for taking the time to summarize the PB extortion letter.

@Jeff: To add to your throat punch, a 6 yard shot to their bleep-bleep via a soccer ball
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 02:56:54 AM »
Folks,

I have split off the discussion around the recent PhotoBucket changes to its own thread.

Kind regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »
Hows Imigur working with all this? Im not seeing too many problems with that. Yet.
Going to be finished in 2018 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; HP Hartlepool; Gloster Gargeny; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 11:20:55 AM »
How are people going with all of this?  What solutions have you found?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 12:42:13 AM »
I went ahead and got a SmugMug account, as the $ is worth it for security, stability and 3rd-party hosting.
Plus it can be used for secure file sharing and business, if so desired. The site banners live in my account so
we shouldn't have any more problems there.

BTW folks Imgur also has a no third-party hosting policy explicitly stated in their Terms of Service,
for the moment they don't seem to be actively enforcing it for general folks, business use is a no-no,
however in light of PB's action, this may not last.

Imageshack is another hosting service that some folk recommend.
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 02:33:13 AM »
How are people going with all of this?  What solutions have you found?

For myself I'm going to see what my ISP can offer. It's local which if I'm going to pay for something, I prefer to pay them.

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »
Regarding all the PB troubles, I've been going back through my postings on other forums I visit and replacing my PB pictures with ones that I have put on Flickr. I would do the same here but there doesn't seem to be any " Edit " function. Am I just missing something obvious again?

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 01:26:17 AM »
Regarding all the PB troubles, I've been going back through my postings on other forums I visit and replacing my PB pictures with ones that I have put on Flickr. I would do the same here but there doesn't seem to be any " Edit " function. Am I just missing something obvious again?

Chris

Never mind! I was missing something obvious, but have figured it out now. Getting old and slow really blows!

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"