Author Topic: Ostfront Sturmgeschutz III  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Ostfront Sturmgeschutz III
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:58:37 AM »
1/48 Tamiya.

Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Ostfront Sturmgeschutz III
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »
Your weathering here is absolutely superb!

I've never seen that "used and abused" look on metal done better! The whitewash treatment is expertly applied as well. I can just imagine the crew painting it on as the snow is falling around them.

Most excellent!

Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:14 AM »
Your weathering here is absolutely superb!

I've never seen that "used and abused" look on metal done better! The whitewash treatment is expertly applied as well. I can just imagine the crew painting it on as the snow is falling around them.

Most excellent!

Brian da Basher
Thanks Brian. I sprayed acrylic clear gloss  over the dark yellow. A few days later,I sprayed the white to where it barely covered. One hour or so later,I brushed thinner over the white.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:53:27 AM »
Does look like real metal "used and abused" out in the elements for some time :)
I wanna start dabbling with weathering.  If half this good I be in model nirvana.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:19:29 AM »
Does look like real metal "used and abused" out in the elements for some time :)
I wanna start dabbling with weathering.  If half this good I be in model nirvana.

Thanks Finsrin. :)

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:13 AM »
When I hear or read "Sturmgeschutz", I always want to reply "gesundheit".

I'll get me coat...

Brian da Basher