Author Topic: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... Project '46 stuff  (Read 98149 times)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... Warrior crew finished
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2014, 06:25:45 AM »
That IS-4 is going to look great when it's finished!  Are you keeping it Soviet or going for something a little more exotic?
Cheers,
Logan

Just soviet. It's for my '46 wargaming Sovs which I've really just started. I have some designs for some scratchbuilds and I'll probably also pick up a few of the later Cromwell IS-7s ........

And thanks Buzz ....

WHile I'm posting, I finished up another of my long term wips yesterday. Just a simple day - detail and paint project as a bit of a break from the moderns. It's a little Katzchen APC form Cromwell. I must admit it looks a lot better in the flesh, it's pretty small and my camera and basic lighting set-up is showing it's age in struggling to pick up the detail,

Brent

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz .....
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »
Got a little bit further on the IS-4 camo, it's a little bit time consuming ......  :)

Brent

Offline uncle les

• Aussie Whiffer Extraordinaire!
  • The man behind the models of the same name...
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... Warrior crew finished
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
It's a little Katzchen APC form Cromwell.
One of my faves !  Lovely job.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »
Queeg, I don't know what amazes me more, the individual quality or unbelievable quantity of quality work you pump out.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
Queeg, I don't know what amazes me more, the individual quality or unbelievable quantity of quality work you pump out.

Know what you mean.  Been thinking same sorta thing. 
Unlike me Queegs must be organized, have better tools, and obviously has better skills.

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
....... Queegs must be organized, have better tools, and obviously has better skills.

lol - you guys are funny!  Attached some pics of the cave, workbench and tools of the trade ......... it's not normally this tidy, I tend to work until I finish a project and then have a big clean before messing it up again on the next job.

And there's a ton of tools I'd love to have as to be honest not having decent stuff does limit the things I can try. Hopefully this year I can get a permanent photo booth constructed as this one area that slows me down, cleaning up and setting up for the pics. Then there's a PE bender, some decent fine tweezers, new brushes, an accurate stryrene chopper/cutter, spray booth for priming with rattle cans and varnishing, plus mastering casting is on this years to do list ....

Brent

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... workbench
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »
Notably neater and more organized than my model building space  :)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M10
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2014, 08:43:14 AM »
Sorry I've not been around much gents, had some bad family stuff stack up and attack us so I've had my attention elsewhere.

Anyway had to speed knock this baby out this out this week as a present for a friend in the UK. Had to get it finished pronto as it's going to Salute in my brothers suitcase and leaving next week as he's got two weeks in Turkey on biz first. As usual it's destined for a wargaming table so no fiddly bits - just a bog standard 1/48th Tamiya M10 with a few crew. They're still drying as I type this so I'll get some decent pics later this afternoon and post them up later. As you should expect by now it's brush painted in GW acrylics over a Humbrol enamel primer ....

cheers

Brent

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:01:13 AM by Queeg »

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - Tamiya M10
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »
Please stop telling me your stuff you present here is 1/48 scale :D :D
This level of finish at that scale is magnificent and it makes me very envious

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - Tamiya M10
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »
Amongst other things I've been working on recently I've managed to make some (a little) progress on the Project '46 Super Heavies.

Brent

Offline philp

• Would gladly pay on Tuesday for a Bender today!
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - 72nd Super Heavies
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
So neat to see your other builds.  I found you a while ago on some wargaming/figure painting site (can't remember which one) and loved your M51 done up in British WW2 markings.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
Very prolific great work

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »

So neat to see your other builds.  I found you a while ago on some wargaming/figure painting site (can't remember which one) and loved your M51 done up in British WW2 markings.

Yeah thats an oldie !!!! I'll have to dig out the M51 pics and post them some time .......

And thnx for the comments gents. Meanwhile some bits for a couple of new projects have been gathering at the Queeg hideout ;

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
Meanwhile some bits for a couple of new projects have been gathering at the Queeg hideout

I am intrigued...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
Meanwhile some bits for a couple of new projects have been gathering at the Queeg hideout

I am intrigued...

:icon_ninja:

Well the Tigers are for a "me" project for once. Indy tracks and BR brass barrels arrived the other day. Still got crews, tow cables and the PE to come yet although I can start assembling with what I've got.

All the modern stuff is on a deadline and has to be completed for use in a wargaming rules suppliment, as soon as they're done it goes to the printers.
There's another Airfix Warrior as well as 2xJackals and a Coyote along with assorted PE, stowage and crews. There's also 2 "gaming" resin MATVs to go with an Abrams .......  it's going to be a busy winter.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - new projects
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2014, 03:57:05 AM »
I don't know how I missed that enormous haul of kits & parts, but I hope you'll share them with us as you build them!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that Tiger. I built a snap-tite version as a kid and I always like to see a Tiger on the prowl!

Brian da Basher

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - new projects
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
I don't know how I missed that enormous haul of kits & parts, but I hope you'll share them with us as you build them!
I'm really looking forward to seeing that Tiger. I built a snap-tite version as a kid and I always like to see a Tiger on the prowl!
Brian da Basher

Will definitely post the Tiger updates Brian, just got a few urgent jobs to knock off the plate first ..........

And here's one. Got the M-ATVs assembled. They're gaming kits of course but after a few details  (tow shackles, some chain, mirrors, front grill mesh, rear mudguards, step ladder and spare wheel bracket, the aerials and wiring for them and the ECM gear, and some mesh and stowage to the rear storage cages) I'm pretty sure they'll look ok after the paint goes on.

Brent

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... updated - M-ATVs
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:17 PM »
And a couple of pics for taiidantomcat ........ my attempt at temp painted on yellow. Bigger/ closer than I normally take, guess I should have dusted the tank first too doh :)

Anyway I finished the shading and paint on the green base first then sealed it with matt varnish. Then I applied the thinned yellow. After it was dry I buffed it lightly with a scotchbright pad which took the yellow off some of the edges and added randon scratches. Not sure if this helps with the project ..................

cheers
Brent

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:44:09 PM by Queeg »

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »
Thats excellent work!! and a fine little technique there! thank you  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
Completed most of the detailing, so they're ready for priming ...........

Brent

Look how big these things are compared to a Bradley and Land Rover

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:01:48 PM by Queeg »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
They're bloody tanks in car's clothing! :o
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:52:25 AM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline philp

• Would gladly pay on Tuesday for a Bender today!
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »
So are they 48th scale or 28mm scale (which works out to 1/56th)?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2014, 02:04:43 AM »
Not surprised by the land rovers but I am surprised by the Bradley.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2014, 05:05:13 AM »
So are they 48th scale or 28mm scale (which works out to 1/56th)?

The Airfix is 1/48th (accurate kit scale). The Empress vehicles are a bit of a hybrid at 1/50th, a little bigger than traditional 1/56th but a tad smaller than 1/48th. It actually makes them fit in size wise with both. The reason for the slightly odd scale is that Empress purchased Imprint models who made their stuff to be compatible with Corgi and Solido diecasts. As Empress has obtained an extensive product line at 1/50th, they've chosen to produce their new stuff, like the M-ATVs, at the same scale.

And I'm with you guys, I really wouldn't want to be driving around in a light armoured vehicle that's bigger than a tank ........
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:25:51 AM by Queeg »

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
Re: Queegs Tank Treadz ..... M-ATVs and Abrams
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2014, 03:10:57 AM »
M-ATVs primed and ready for painting ......... Also made a start on the Abrams. Completed the basic clean up and assembly and the first simple mods to change it into a Marine M1A1. Cut off the Simfire launcher from the top of the gun mantlet, removed the CITV from the left turret top, cut off the barrel tip and turned it around (for some reason it's moulded on backwards) and dremelled out the area around the rear sprockets so the back track guard can be removed.

Brent