Author Topic: Rockwell B-One (aka B-1 Lancer)  (Read 9956 times)

Offline Burncycle

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Rockwell B-One (aka B-1 Lancer)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 10:44:19 PM »
I was inspired by a 1/144 scale B-1 Bomber next to some 1/72 scale fighters -- would be interesting to see a  "medium" bomber based on the B-1 design, similar in class to the F-111, perhaps a competitor back in the 60's. 

In this case, same layout as a B-1 but with two engines instead of four, and because of the layout you get a 2nd internal bay (versus the F-111's single bay).

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 04:40:52 AM »
Burncycle says:
I was inspired by a 1/144 scale B-1 Bomber next to some 1/72 scale fighters -- would be interesting to see a  "medium" bomber based on the B-1 design, similar in class to the F-111, perhaps a competitor back in the 60's.

In this case, same layout as a B-1 but with two engines instead of four, and because of the layout you get a 2nd internal bay (versus the F-111's single bay).

Great idea!  Maybe try for two larger engines to replace the original four units.  Something from the F-35 perhaps?
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »
Something like the FB-11H proposal, perhaps

"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.