Author Topic: Canadian GB - Rules  (Read 1624 times)

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Moderator
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Canadian GB - Rules
« on: July 31, 2026, 09:40:35 AM »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men." Douglas Bader

Canadian Group Build - Rules

1 -- Duration: 01 Aug 2026 to 31 Oct 2021 PST (about tea time)
2 -- Subjects: Anything with a Maple Leaf or Canada-related
3 -- Formats: Physical model builds, Paint or Pixels, Stories, etc.
4 -- Vintages: Revived Shelve/File Folder of Doom entries welcome
5 -- AltHist: Are we not whiffers? So, absolutely, if Canada-related
6 -- Rule Six is identical the same as Rule Ten (qv)
7 -- Works in Progress: WIP documentation positively encouraged
8 -- Awesomeness: Essential. Bring on that Maple Leafy excellence!
9 -- Extensions: Well, possibly (praise/bribing of Moderator helps)*
10 - Sorry, I cannot remember Rule 10 but it may come back to me ...

__________________________________

* Moderator 'donation' forms available in pdf. Note: Paypal™ is our preferred method of donation.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2026, 09:44:19 AM by apophenia »
"Well, Tom Thompson came paddling past, I'm pretty sure it was him ..."

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Moderator
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Canadian GB - Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2026, 04:04:36 AM »
And we're off on the Canadian GB!

Have fun everyone  :D
"Well, Tom Thompson came paddling past, I'm pretty sure it was him ..."

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Moderator
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Canadian GB - Rules
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:16:46 AM »
Okay, just a heads up ... it is now 01 October west of the International Date Line.

So, folks, there's just 31-ish days to go on this Canadian Group Build!
"Well, Tom Thompson came paddling past, I'm pretty sure it was him ..."

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: Canadian GB - Rules
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:03:44 AM »
If I put Aussie decals on one side of my Canadian Tornado F4 and maple leafs on the other can I enter it in the Antipodian GB on Whatifmodelers?  ;D

Maybe I can put the decals on, take pics, then change them. I’m so clever!  ;)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:14:13 AM by Kerick »

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Moderator
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Canadian GB - Rules
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:42:15 AM »
If I put Aussie decals on one side of my Canadian Tornado F4 and maple leafs on the other can I enter it in the Antipodian GB on Whatifmodelers?  ;D

Maybe I can put the decals on, take pics, then change them. I’m so clever!  ;)

Either way, Whatifmodellers.com is the senior site (since they've been around longer). As such, they should have developed greater patience in their maturity.  So, beauty before age ... BtS goes first, right?  ;)
"Well, Tom Thompson came paddling past, I'm pretty sure it was him ..."