Current and Finished Projects > Other

What-If Weapons - Air

<< < (2/6) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 04, 2012, 10:22:23 AM ---Dang :o Them are so freakin cool I kinda want them back ;) ;D :-* Good job bubba :icon_meditation: Nice to see you doing PSR C:-)
--- End quote ---

I could send them to Frank and let you make arrangements to take custody of them through him ;)

sotoolslinger:
Aww heck then it would be 2 folk who started a project they'll never get to :-[ If Frank don't take em away from us ;D

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 04, 2012, 10:55:46 AM ---Aww heck then it would be 2 folk who started a project they'll never get to :-[ If Frank don't take em away from us ;D
--- End quote ---

Considering how cheap that Bf-110 kit is at places like Michael's you could always go down and pick up a pair of kits for parts ;) 

I finally let the pods sit for a spell to make sure the glue had dried sufficiently.  I was a bit hasty in sanding on them earlier and found one of the pods was busting apart at the glue join so I had to dabble some more liquid cement on the exterior to seal it back up and that got a bit messy.  Now that the pods have dried/cured the sanding went a bit easier and I am satisfied with the shape at this point. 

My next short-term project will be to start assembling the P-61 Black Widow radomes into some kind of ersatz ECM pods.  Wondering now what aircraft subject could benefit from such a contraption.  B-17?  B-24?  B-29?  Certainly some potential for something mounted under a wing or two. 

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 04, 2012, 01:32:50 PM ---[Wondering now what aircraft subject could benefit from such a contraption.  B-17?  B-24?  B-29?  Certainly some potential for something mounted under a wing or two.

--- End quote ---

Actually the idea of an EP-61 is appealing in it's own right!

Weaver:
Nice one, and very credible too: FN make a variety of pods with 0.50 cals and rockets in them. They're mainly for weapons training flights (only 4-6 RPs in each one) but as a means of arming a small aircraft, they're still good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version