Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

1/350 Martin T4M torpedo bomber

(1/3) > >>

Frank3k:
I've put this model together over the last 2-3 months, in between projects. I finally finished the base.

The plane is a Trumpeter 1/350 Martin T4M torpedo bomber, with PE struts and wheels. I whiffed it by adding a cowl ring.

The base is gray Depron painted white, roughed up a bit with some ruts. I found an airfield image online that I printed onto decal film and applied to the Depron.
The building is a 1/144 scale paper model shack that I scaled down to 1/350. I added some grass bits as well. The figure in the overalls is a Northstar US Navy 3D printed figure.

Trumpeter doesn't include a torpedo and the engine is just a slab - I painted the cylinders on the clear plastic and hid the details with the brass cowl ring:

It was a fun little project, the most annoying part was the clear plastic Trumpeter insists on using for these small planes.

GTX_Admin:
Looks good. :smiley:

Jeffry Fontaine:
Amazing work at any scale but even more so knowing it is 1:350th scale.  Nice!  :smiley:

Frank3k:
Thanks guys. Other than the annoying plastic, it was a pretty easy build - the PE struts (and prop) were surprisingly easy to put together and sturdy. It was all hand painted, too - Vallejo metallic acrylics and Vallejo yellow.

Old Wombat:
1/350? :icon_surprised:

Woh, that is awesome work, Frank! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version