<< < (3/4) > >>

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

KiwiZac:
Thank you gents!

ysi_maniac:
Top notch modelling ! :-* :-* :-* :-*

apophenia:

--- Quote from: KiwiZac on January 10, 2022, 10:13:59 AM ---... progress has certainly progressed!! ...

--- End quote ---

Progressing progressed is really the best sort of progress! Lavochkin is looking slick Zac  :smiley:

KiwiZac:
Thank you both for your kind words!

--- Quote from: apophenia on January 11, 2022, 09:45:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: KiwiZac on January 10, 2022, 10:13:59 AM ---... progress has certainly progressed!! ...

--- End quote ---
Progressing progressed is really the best sort of progress! Lavochkin is looking slick Zac  :smiley:

--- End quote ---
Progression is the name of the game!  ;D

I should point out that this isn't the first time I've build a model of this aircraft. As soon as I saw ZK-LIX fly I knew I needed a model of her. I scoured all the vendors tents at the airshow, we stopped at every hobby shop on our family tour around the lower and eastern South Island, all to no avail. Dad (understandbly getting exasperated with all this running around) said "It looks like a Focke-Wulf 190, why don't you try and make it out of one?" I wouldn't have any of that!

It wasn't until our ship took us back to the North Island that the proprietors of Modelcrafts & Hobbies in Wellington - one of whom would become a pivotal figure in Wingnut Wings - said he could order in a 1/72 Eastern European kit (I think by Gran?) of this very unknown aircraft for me. A month or two later it arrived and 17yo Zac very excitedly tackled his first short-run kit. This is the result, and I'm so glad it's survived the intervening years!! And yes, I now want to put the missing markings in place!
1/72 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
1/72 and 1/48 La-9s by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version