Author Topic: Where did I put that sheet plastic?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline The Rat

• 70 years old, doesn't feel a day over 90.
  • Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.
Where did I put that sheet plastic?
« on: April 25, 2020, 06:33:07 AM »
Rather than ferkling around in a drawer to get some, I've decided to start putting some in each model box. This way it's at hand immediately, no searching. This is probably more than I'll need, but it is the Frog/Novo Attacker, so I might have underestimated!

"Man, if you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know!" - Louis Armstrong, when asked "What is jazz?"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Where did I put that sheet plastic?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
In the past I have done similar but with additional kit parts for a future project.  Stowed away the kit then several years on rediscover the kit and realize that it contained stuff for my future self placed there by my past self and realizing what a genius I am for doing that but also a fool for putting the kit away and forgetting about it.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
And that is how one often finds after market goodies when kits are picked up at swap and sells  ;)
Nothing more satisfying that buying, say a tamiya AFV kit for sub $20 and then finding $50-60 worth of resin, brass and/or etch in there as well

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »
In the past I have done similar but with additional kit parts for a future project.  Stowed away the kit then several years on rediscover the kit and realize that it contained stuff for my future self placed there by my past self and realizing what a genius I am for doing that but also a fool for putting the kit away and forgetting about it.  :smiley:

Yep, been there, done that also with decals  ;D

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 10:37:30 PM »
Note to future self:  remember stuff better!  :icon_twisted: Where did past self store those Bradley decals?

And that is how one often finds after market goodies when kits are picked up at swap and sells  ;)
Nothing more satisfying that buying, say a tamiya AFV kit for sub $20 and then finding $50-60 worth of resin, brass and/or etch in there as well

Had that happen to me recently with an eBay win of a Special Hobby Mirage. Very good price even for a new kit, but when I opened it I discovered it also contained a complete set of Xtradecals decals. Score! 8)
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"