General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

LF: 48th scale Nord SS-11 Anti-Tank Missiles

<< < (2/2)

Jeffry Fontaine:
I suspect there is an ideal bomb or rocket shape that is just waiting to be modified to become your coveted SS-11 :)

I still wonder if that is an actual live round in the image you shared since the fins have so many blemishes and a very rough looking appearance to them.  Like a slab of rough-cut plywood or MDF sanded, or in this cased rasped to shape.  Must be non-functioning training device. 

Rickshaw:
The fins on many early ATGW were exactly that - pieces of plywood. 

The SS-10/11/12 series were quite primitive weapons.  If you read the book about Vickers' Guided Weapons Division, the author (who's name escapes me at the moment) is quite scathing of them in comparison to the Vigilant, which had, at least in his opinion, a superior guidance system and warhead.

Doing a search, the only source I've found for SS-11 in 1/48 is the Fonderie- Miniatures 1/48 MD 312 Flamant kit.  Expensive and OOP.  I'd suggest Greg you look at 3d printing.  It might be the easiest way to get what you want.  Cultivate someone with both the CAD and 3d printing skills.  ;)

GTX_Admin:
An option:  https://www.shapeways.com/product/RGBLY6FWP/ss-11-anti-tank-missile?optionId=314245251

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Rickshaw on September 08, 2014, 10:17:06 AM ---Doing a search, the only source I've found for SS-11 in 1/48 is the Fonderie- Miniatures 1/48 MD 312 Flamant kit.  Expensive and OOP. 

--- End quote ---

Though I do have one in the stash.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version