Modelling > Naval GB

Ironclad - HMVS Orthrus - Finished

<< < (2/7) > >>

Frank3k:
I like the location of the smaller turrets. Maybe when you and Dr. Yo finish your builds you can have a virtual campaign against a common foe!

Buzzbomb:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on October 24, 2021, 02:46:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Buzzbomb on October 23, 2021, 02:39:47 PM ---Because it is illegal to build things stock on this forum ;D

--- End quote ---
Says who?

--- End quote ---
Nobody, merely a throw away line to justify to myself the need to move stuff for no apparent reason. Sorry about that :-[

--- Quote from: jcf on October 24, 2021, 03:18:23 AM ---Interesting rearrangement, you’ve put your beam turrets directly above
the engine-space. Luckily they’re horizontal three-cylinder engines with
a relatively low profile.
 ;)

--- End quote ---
thanks Jon, good to know.  I really have done zero research on this ship, which in all probability is unlikely to change.

My 3d printer experiment is looking promising, let say that it may involve an Airship, but not to the extent of JCF' Flying Dreadnought concept.

Buzzbomb:
The thing I find with small scale ships is that you have to paint as you go and using sub components to build the ship up.

This is not too bad, not quite as finicky as some 20th century ship kits as far as teensy, weensy parts. Still there is a bit of detail that needs to be picked out as you build over it.
This is a test fit shot, nothing, save the main superstructure is glued in yet.

If nothing else, ships of this era did have a splash of colour. The grey thing at the back is the basis of the Airship that,if I can pull it off, will be tethered to the aft part of the ship. A sort of 19th C COD type craft.

So my mind's eye sees the ship anchored and the airship tethered, dropping off a recce report or something.

Kerick:
Here I thought the “grey thing in the back” was a whale or something for the diorama!  ;D
This is looking really nice, carry on!

LemonJello:
Some mighty fine work on display.  I like the tethered airship addition, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version