Author Topic: Master Box Ltd.  (Read 26447 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Master Box Ltd.
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »
Master Box does much more than just figure sets and it appears that we will soon be blessed with another M151 MUTT 1/4 Ton 4X4 utility vehicle kit in 1/35th scale.  This appears to be the M151 and not one of the later versions as produced by Tamiya and Academy.   

(image source: Master Box)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
Re: Master Box Ltd.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
No news on the M151 MUTT but for those of us that were wanting a decent BREN Gun and other weapons of British and Commonwealth manufacture it appears that Master Box will be making this happen sometime soon.  Two images of Master Box Ltd. Kit number 35109 - 1/35th scale British Shooting Weapons, WWII Era" showing the kit contents can be seen in this link to a topic on Armorama posted by Kevin Brant: Weapons from Master Box

In addition to the STEN Gun, BREN Gun, Boys ATR, and Enfield Rifles you will be happy to see that the PIAT, Lewis Gun, and Vickers are also provided in this kit. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
No news on the M151 MUTT but for those of us that were wanting a decent BREN Gun and other weapons of British and Commonwealth manufacture it appears that Master Box has made this come true. 

Image source: Dragon Models USA

Click on image or html to view additional details. 

Dragon Models USA has this listed on their web page as 1/35th "British Shooting Weapons" WWII Era.  In addition to the STEN Gun, BREN Gun, Boys ATR, and Enfield Rifles you will be happy to see that the PIAT, Lewis Gun, and Vickers are also provided in this kit. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:53:46 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
I suspect its a Bren Mk.1.

I also wonder, what is the weapon between the Lewis and the Stens?

Do they include a condenser for the Vickers?

I note that there is no tripod for the Bren. 

Does anybody know which versions of the .303in rifle are included?  All No.4s or are there any No.3s?

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22:34 PM »
Brian, I wonder if the greeblies in the top left corner are parts for the condenser?  No pipe though.

As for the weapons between the Lewis & Sten, I see different marks of Sten then a bipod and parts for the Lewis?

I think the tripod for the Bren would be a shade rare though, given its use as a hand-held weapon predominantly.
Regards,

John

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »
 I kept looking at it and thinking it was most of a Thompson, but sure, its the stock and grip for the Lewis. And a Boys! A BOYS!!! ( I like Anti-tank rifles, I do. )

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »
Brian, from the picture it looks like 2 x No.3's (1 with bayonet) & 2 x No.4's (1 with bayonet) on the sprue, & I note there are 2 x tripods, so are you sure one isn't for the Bren?

Doc, yep, it's the grip & stock assembly for the Lewis.

Wonder if one of the Stens can be bashed into an Owen gun? ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
The Bren's tripod is quite a bit different to the Vickers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1944_Bren_light_machine_gun.jpg), unless of course it's an AA mount.

The Owen is quite different to the Sten beyond its magazine position.  The stock alone is quite different to either.  That said, it'd be quite small so a modification might very well fool a casual glance.
Regards,

John

Offline Rickshaw

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 08:10:03 PM »
I can now see that the mystery weapon is the Lewis's Stock and pistol grip.

I am unsure what the two tripods are for, 'cause has been noted, the Bren's is rather different in concept to the Vickers' and both look like Vickers' to me.   Bren tripod was rare after about 1941 in British service but if the Bren is a Mk.I as I suspect it is, a tripod would be perfect for it.  The Bren Tripod remained though, part of the CES (Complete Equipment Schedule) for the Bren right into the 1950s but became increasingly rarely issued.  I was surprised to see that they were used in the pre-embarkation training in Japan before 3 RAR left for Korea in 1950 so they were obviously available.  The later, static period in Korea would have been ideal for using the Bren on a tripod.  The superb accuracy coupled with the need to often fire on fixed lines would made it very useful IMHO.

I'm glad there are some No.3s.  That makes it even more attractive to me.  ;)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
Oh!... &, Brian, it looks like an ammo box & belt for the Vickers on the bottom left of the sprue, with the condenser can on the top left.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 04:49:30 AM »
Some more pics and info here, along with details of some of their other new releases.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
I only need about 20 of those weapons sets! ;)

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »
You can always expect Master Box to do something different.  I hope they continue along with the weapon set idea given the success that Tamiya & Dragon had with their various sets.
Regards,

John

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
I only need about 20 of those weapons sets! ;)

Only 20? ;)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »
RE: Track-Link Forums - MB - WW2 British Infantry Weapons set - new kit 

The images included in this discussion show the kit instructions.  MB has provided two tripods for the Vickers machine gun so the modeler has a choice between a high mount or low mount for this weapon.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 06:06:32 AM »
Something different...

Click on the image for more details

Offline Rickshaw

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
That will make Sparky happy... ;D

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
No wait.... They've got to have tracks or otherwise, they're "wheeled death traps". ;D

Offline Rickshaw

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
No wait.... They've got to have tracks or otherwise, they're "wheeled death traps". ;D
;D

I think he gives bikes a pass on that one.   ???

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:10 AM »
Not quite sure of the "US and German Paratroopers, the South of Europe, 1944" title to this 1/35 set but still...

Click on image to get more details.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 06:05:01 AM »
And its a real kit too!  Interesting...  Seems like something they might post in April  ;)
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »
Man, I'm buying that! :P

Offline Rickshaw

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »

I never realised life was quite that hard on Christmas Island!  ;D

Obviously a model of one of those rare, real life truces between the forces on both sides...

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »

Obviously a model of one of those rare, real life truces between the forces on both sides...

Until those two bathing beauties pull out some weapons they had hidden who knows where and annihilates one or both groups of those soldiers  ;D
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Rickshaw

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »

Until those two bathing beauties pull out some weapons they had hidden who knows where and annihilates one or both groups of those soldiers  ;D

Obviously representatives of the mysterious "third force" who have no hesitation at using any ruse available to them to gain an advantage over the other two sides...  ;D