Author Topic: Abrams M1A1 HC - Gasoline 1/48  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
Abrams M1A1 HC - Gasoline 1/48
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »
Well it's finally finished, my conversion of the Gasoline 1/48 M1A2 into a USMC M1A1. Tis been a big project this one so excuse the qty of pics but it's kind of a big "whew" .... lol

I'm taking this down to the Wellington Call to Arms wargaming convention next weekend along with the M-ATVs. Not sure they'll get much table time but if nothing they should look good in the background.

Anyway it's brush painted with Humbrol enamels and GW acrylics, shaded and lined with Windsor n Newton oils and final weathering was done using both MIG and homemade pigments. The markings are part kit supplied, part brushed along with some spares box stuff. I've got to screw the turret on still and there's a few bits and pieces I'd still like to adjust but it'll do for now. WIP pics in my Tank Treads thread and bigger piccies on my blog.

cheers
Brent

And here's the tank the inspired the finish with a side shot of mine, not quite the same but pretty close I think .......

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:43:55 PM by Queeg »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Abrams M1A1 HC - Gasoline 1/48
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »
That's a stunner, Brent! I really like how the weathering flows in a natural direction. Looks like it leaped right off the pages of the DOD website!

Magnificent!

Brian da Basher

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »
Thnx Brian, appreciated the interest throughout the project, glad it's finished, there's always that afterglow when a biggie is wrapped up. Big day today, M-ATVs and Warrior are on the finishing list .....

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
Stunning! No other word for it, really. 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
That would be an awesome job in 1/35th but in 1/48th? Can't believe its that small. Great job all around!!!