Modelling > Aero-space

AVRO Lancaster, Manchester, Lincoln and Shackleton (and derivatives) Ideas and Inspiration

(1/54) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Hi folks,

A thread dedicated to your AVRO Lancaster, Manchester and Lincoln (and derivatives - e.g. Shackleton) Ideas and Inspiration.

To start with, I am sure many of you have read/heard that the AVRO Manchester originally had provision catapult assisted takeoff.  But have you ever seen what this might have looked like?  Well look below:

regards,

Greg

raafif:
all my Lancaster & Lincoln profiles here ...

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=876.0

elmayerle:
As I've mentioned elsewhere, a derivative of the Lincoln analogous to the Lancastrian derivative of the Lancaster.  For cargo-hauling or tanker ops, it'd be a nice move.  You could also add the "Tiger Force" saddle tanks if you needed yet more fuel storage capacity.

GTX_Admin:
Supposedly the AVRO Manchester was designed to be able to carry two 18 in (457 mm) torpedoes internally.  Has anyone seen a photo with this fit?

More importantly, how about an AVRO Manchester or better yet a Lancaster in Coastal Command garb in a low level torpedo run...

Maverick:
I did a run of Manchesters in 08 & 11 including Coastal Command schemes, Highball bombers & gunships.

Regards,

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version