Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Questions related to Group Builds

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kerick:
I’d say instead of an entire years worth of GB a couple at a time. I think interest falls way from some GBs if it’s too far in advance.

--- Quote from: Frank3k on September 12, 2023, 11:08:22 PM ---Or try to sync the group builds with some of the more commonly visited forums?

--- End quote ---

Interesting idea. Someone would have to check the other sites and post findings. A couple of times a year is all I imagine would be needed.

There does seem to be less traffic on this site lately. Don’t know why.

I don’t participate in many GBs unless they parallel something I’m planning to build. Plus I build pretty slowly so I rarely finish in time anyway. However, I do enjoy seeing what others come up with!

robunos:
Like others here, I have a general theme / direction to what i build, and while i sometimes will deviate from that, unfortunately at the current time, I don't have the spare funds to buy kits, etc., just for a Group Build.
I still think it's a good idea to have a long timetable for GBs, as it gives me time to decide if I'm going to participate, and what I'm actually going to build.
As regards increasing the participation in GBs, and also solving the difficult problem of finding a Moderator / Leader, perhaps give a version of the system that the Airfix Tribute Forum uses a try ?
At a given time before the GB in question is due to start, in this case I suggest just before the preceding GB is due to begin, a selection of Group Build ideas is put forward for the Forum Members to vote on.
The winning idea is then chosen and added to the GB timetable, AND, the person who suggested it becomes the Group Build moderator / leader.
It sounds somewhat complex, but it's easier to do than to describe . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Kerick:

--- Quote from: robunos on September 13, 2023, 05:10:21 AM ---
The winning idea is then chosen and added to the GB timetable, AND, the person who suggested it becomes the Group Build moderator / leader.
It sounds somewhat complex, but it's easier to do than to describe . . .

cheers,
Robin.

--- End quote ---

Just like the military! "Great idea sergeant! You're in charge!"   ;)

Remedial moderator training will be required if I ever have to do it........ :o

apophenia:
I voted for "Leave as we have now" but I do like Robin's automatic moderator concept.

LemonJello:
If pressed, I would suggest fewer GBs per year with a longer duration (4 months? 5?), with a 1 or 2 month break AND we determine the next GB theme as the current one is winding down, or in the break period. Maybe this would help keep excitement and interest high and prod more of us to participate?

I am guilty of not participating in the builds as much as I would like, and I'm really struggling to find any motivation to even clean off the bench, much less accomplish anything while there.  Its something I have to work through.

I'm not happy with my last duty as moderator, for a topic I suggested no less.  A sub-par moderation job at best, in my opinion.  But that won't stop me from helping when I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version