Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Lightning P1 Resurrection

<< < (2/6) > >>

Robomog:
Good point, no I havent. Thx

I've read somewhere that soaking in Dettol softens paint I will probably try that

Mind you by the time I've filled and sanded all the joints theres not going to be much left  :D

Mog
>^-.-^<

kitnut617:
Have you tried finding an Aeroclub canopy for it, I've got one of their P.1 conversions in my stash, it's buried at the moment but I can't remember if you got two canopies in the kit.   ---

Buzzbomb:
All the prep steps will pay dividends. If you are going back to a natural metal finish, as we all have discovered at some time no doubt, some blemishes tend to start a Mexican Wave to highlight their existence.

Frank3k:
Have you tried heat smashing a new canopy? As long as the original is well supported internally, you should be able to get a good duplicate (after several tries). Clear plastic packaging is often styrene or buterate and deforms quickly from the heat of a candle or flame (I use a small alcohol burner).

Robomog:
Thanks for the advice chaps

Kitnut:- I have tried to locate an Aeroclub canopy but they are as rare as rocking horse poo and probably very expensive.  I've seen the conversion kit on Ebay but that is also rare and extremely expensive, I'm pretty sure there is only one canopy in the kit. :(

Buzz:- I  know what you mean, natural aluminium shows EVERYTHING I will need to do some serious prep and priming :-\

Frank:-  if time permits I may try that, after all I do have the original (battered) canopy as a guide  ;)

Thanks again

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version