Current and Finished Projects > Sea

Roman Steam Galley - Ave Imperator - Fini !

<< < (3/6) > >>

Buzzbomb:
Just about done as far as the build

I figured that the steam would be perhaps temperamental, like early steam engines were. So the plan was to have the front oar stations still in play. Also useful for port navigation
That meant my head said I had to build a stowage rack for the oars when not in use. Plus a view of the scratchbuilt Ballista

Couple of General Views. Iacomus Wattus is there for a Scale feel. Standard Airfix Roman from the ridiculous Chariot they included.

next is painting then a lot of rigging I suppose.

The voices are also saying I need to track down the "Castle structure" that I did not use in the Ice Rigger to put forward. Bit concerned with it interfering with the sail though.
Also considering Shields On or Shields Off.

I look at this as a small ship, perhaps the equivelent of a Destroyer for Coastal Trade Protection (or Protection Racket/Privateer)

Old Wombat:
Protection Racket Privateer, late Republican period; when the entire state was, basically, run by Mafia-style Famiglia (amongst which the Julian clan were a minor, but growing, power). ;)

apophenia:
This is looking fabulous ... in all senses  ;D

--- Quote from: buzzbomb on November 04, 2020, 06:24:09 AM ---...Also considering Shields On or Shields Off...

--- End quote ---

FWIW, Shields On! ... a Roman Steamship Marine is a Pilum-man first!

Frank3k:
The Ballista looks great! Here's another vote for shields on.

Buzzbomb:
Ok Team, this is pretty much it.

Interior painting, which is never seen anyway.

How she looks now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version