Current and Finished Projects > Land

[1/35th] AB41 Armored Cars by AZIMUT PRODUCTIONS

<< < (2/2)

Old Wombat:

--- Quote from: Story on February 29, 2024, 08:35:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: apophenia on February 29, 2024, 11:58:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: Story on February 29, 2024, 05:49:12 AM ---... That really really looks like a M1919A4 Browning ...

--- End quote ---

Fuzzy, fuzzy ... but my guess would be a recovered British Browning MkII. That's based mainly on the shadow above the barrel on the front of the breech ... but the lack of a muzzle booster/flash suppressor is problematic  ???

--- End quote ---

The lack of muzzle boosters [plural since the follow on car has what looks like the same setup] isn't problematic if they are M1919A4s taken off a Stuart (Honey) or M3 (Grant) tank.  ;)

Meanwhile
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/autoblinda-ab41-in-allied-service/

--- End quote ---

Why would they need to be taken off an existing vehicle? ??? I'm fairly sure the Americans supplied the Brit's with spares, including mg's.

Story:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on February 29, 2024, 08:44:49 PM ---
Why would they need to be taken off an existing vehicle? ??? I'm fairly sure the Americans supplied the Brit's with spares, including mg's.

--- End quote ---

Because you're looking at an Italian crewed and owned vehicle - see their uniforms? Captured .30 cals, which beats mag-fed Bredas.

Also, I broke the supporting photos into one post on the Poles and the other on the Italian crewed vehicles, since I figure on two builds. [ETA 29FEB24]

French restoration effort with tons of artistic license
http://www.asphm.com/vehicules/autoblinda_ab_41/autoblinda_ab_41.html

Breda pedestal

The Fiddly Bits Suspensions are a concern [I can seem them disintegrating from someone sneezing],
 so the answer will be a threaded flat head bolt providing center support from below [much like the PANZER LEADER Mk II].

Also, calling out Lance Corporal Dumpi here as a character study for Frank et al.
(Frank always gripes about short and weird figures)

Frank3k:
Lance Corporal Dumpi wasn't made by Trumpeter - since he looks human - but he does look "off scale" Maybe it's the belt.

Story:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on March 01, 2024, 12:12:47 AM ---Lance Corporal Dumpi wasn't made by Trumpeter - since he looks human - but he does look "off scale" Maybe it's the belt.

--- End quote ---

.... or maybe the perogies.
According to the attribution (Office of War Information North African Campaign) this shows Polish cavalry in Libya, 1942.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version