Current and Finished Projects > Land

Anti-Radiation Ball Tank (шаротанк с противорадиационной защи&#

(1/7) > >>

Frank3k:
I wasn't planning on starting a new build after my wheeled M113 and had even cleaned up my work area for a non-modeling project. As I was putting away the M151 Remote Weapons system that I didn't use in my build, I saw the Das Werk German Kugelpanzer. I don't build NAZI stuff anymore, but the Kugelpanzer comes with two kits for whiffing. The box was sitting on top of the ICM Chernobyl figure sets, in particular the Chernobyl #3 Rubble Cleaners and Chernobyl #4 Deactivators. This gave me the idea of a small manned vehicle to inspect a highly radiated area. The vehicle would have radiation shielding to protect the lucky pilot.

The Kugelpanzer Sharo-tank is a pretty quick build. Annoyingly, the tracks have a joint about 2/3s of the way across. I added a light in the front and an exhaust in the lower rear and a PE hinge for the "cockpit" I wasn't sure if the hatch is an entry into the vehicle or a cover for the engine section. I've seen some online drawings and now believe it's how the driver would enter the vehicle. For this build, the driver lifts up the front section (with the vision slit) to enter.

I used "Boris" with the Geiger Counter from Chernobyl #3 and "Artyom" with the decontamination sprayer from Chernobyl #4:

The figures are quick builds, but they need some detailing before painting. I added filters to Boris' mask; it looked dangerously basic otherwise. I still want to add some more details to the tank and decide if it's going to be self propelled with a combustion engine or if it will be electrically propelled with power provided via a cable. I'm also thinking of adding one or two scratch built manipulators.

Buzzbomb:
You just had to do... it was calling you

Kerick:
Open the pod bay doors Hal!!
Yeah some arms would look cool !

GTX_Admin:
Great idea! :smiley:

Jeffry Fontaine:
Off to a good start on that "Ролик"(Roller).  I recall watching the one episode from the series FireFly trying to capture a view of the "Rollers" that were breaking through the wall of Mal's defended position.  It took several attempts but all I got was some CGI render of an object that was not so different from that Das Werk  Kugelpanzer in size and shape.  So it is great to see this as a what-if project. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version