Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Dewoitine HD.781

(1/7) > >>

MAT:
Dewoitine HD.781

In 1937 the Ministry of Aviation of France came up with a requirement for a marine fighter on a floats intended for use both from shore bases and from ships.
Dewoitine drew up a plane based on the D.520 fighter – the HD.780. But even before the first metal was cut, Aéronavale ordered the plans changed. Aéronavale had always loved aircooled radial engines, so Dewoitine turned it into a new design - the HD.781.
The prototype took to the air in the autum of 1938 an the first of the ordered 30 aircraft reached Aéronavale in the summer of 1940. With the fall of France the planes were taken to the free zone and entered service on bases in the south of France and in North Africa. In North Africa most were based at Mers-el-Kébir for the protection of the french naval forces harboured there.
The model will be based on a lot of different pieces found in my private scrapyard. And off course a LOT of plasticcard and model filler.

MAT:
This is the starting point:
Fuselage: Frog Dewoitine D.520C
Engine: Revell FIAT CR.42
Wings: Revell Macchi C.200 (which are far too small, and was replaced by the wings of a Frog Macchi C.202). Maybe pieces of an T-6 for the inner wing.
Floats: An old vacum set of unknown origin.

Frank3k:
Wow - those are some ancient kit bits! It'll be interesting to watch you turn many sow's ears into a silk purse (or float plane)

MAT:
Some of the pieces go back to my childhood in the 1960's, when I first began to glue lumps of polystyrene to each other.

Kerick:
Those floats look like they are from the old Aeroclub set.
Good luck with all those parts I know you can do it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version