Modelling > 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

Siskin Less a Wing

<< < (2/2)

apophenia:

--- Quote from: jcf on June 17, 2021, 04:26:51 AM ---An AW.16 monoplane would be interesting.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. It is a pity that Armstrong-Whitworth didn't proceed with the monoplane. AFAIK, the only visual record of the A.W. XVI Monoplane is the 3-view drawing from the often-omitted addenda to N.A.C.A.'s Aircraft Circulars No. 156 (The Armstrong Whitworth A.W. XVI Military Airplane (British)*. A Single-Seat Biplane).

From what we can discern from that drawing, the A.W. XVI M would have been an attractive fighter. Had it been built, it doubtless would have received the enlarged tail. I suspect we would also have seen additional wing bracings for added structural strength. Probably the wing would have also been lowered slightly to improve pilot vision up and over that wing.

jcf:
AW.XVI with a Jerzy Dąbrowski like wing and a Gladiator type enclosed cockpit would probably
fool people into thinking it was an unknown Polish type.

;)

dogsbody:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on June 17, 2021, 01:45:37 AM ---Reminds me a bit like a single seat version of a Morane Saulnier MS 230 or MS 315:

--- End quote ---

Maybe a Morane-Saulnier MS.225?

Chris

Buzzbomb:
Parasol Wing suits certain aircraft. In this case, I reckon it works

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version