Modelling > 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

Inspiration - 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

<< < (2/22) > >>

apophenia:
Last but not least, aircraft of the Streamline Moderne era. Not sure how these examples fit but, on the left is a Raymond Loewy 'design' typical of the jumbo transatlantic airliner concepts of the '30s. However, the helicopter on the right is much later. (In 1943, Loewy was asked by Greyhound Bus Lines to envision a transport helicopter of the near future - the result was this Loewy-Sikorsky 14-seater concept.)

Okay, whose got more inspirational images (or links) from this era of style and substance? (We haven't touched on shiny biplanes, Schneider Trophy floatplane, airplane-engined racing cars, ...!)

Kerick:
The LaBatts truck looks like something from Willie Wonka! And I had to look really hard at the Farman three engine job to see where the pilot was! These are great examples of design and I look forward to see what folks come up with.

elmayerle:
Well, I could point to the clad streamlined steam locomotives operated by the New York Central and the Milwaukee Road as interesting cases.  The more interesting case is where form met function in the Pennsylvania Railroad's GG-1 electric locomotives (the basic shape evolved from their P-5a (Modified) locomotives that were heavily redesigned after a major accident showed the problem with head end cabs) but the GG-1, particularly after Raymond Loewy replaced rivets with welding, is still a beautiful example of streamlining.

Buzzbomb:
Wow, some of that streamlined stuff is brilliant

Robomog:
What a great start to a Group Build !

Love the Geddes ocean  liner and the LaBatts truck  ( but I'm not going to build them  ;))

I have other plans ............. ::)

Mog
>^-.-^<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version