Current and Finished Projects > Other

1/35 Post Apoc figures

<< < (2/43) > >>

Buzzbomb:
Well that is very nice.
I have never tried this sort of decaling on figures, they appeared to go down extra well, so great work

Old Wombat:
Great job, Ramba! 8)

Are you going to do any detailing on the masks, to make them stand out a bit more? ???

Ramba:

--- Quote from: jcf on June 12, 2020, 01:16:05 PM --- :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome, that's some nice work.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Ramba:

--- Quote from: buzzbomb on June 12, 2020, 02:29:59 PM ---Well that is very nice.
I have never tried this sort of decaling on figures, they appeared to go down extra well, so great work

--- End quote ---

Thank you! Using the decals requires a lot of patience. I use Micro Sol to get the decals to settle down into the grooves and over the creases. The Trumpeter decals laid down nicely with the Micro Sol. Some areas required to put a pin hole to get the decals to settle in though.

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2020, 03:11:40 PM ---Great job, Ramba! 8)

Are you going to do any detailing on the masks, to make them stand out a bit more? ???

--- End quote ---

Thanks! The gas masks are flat black so not much else I can do unless I paint them a different color. Also just bad angle I think of the camera flash to not highlight the gas masks. I will try a different angle with the camera to see if I could get the gas masks more visible. The only other thing I might do is to paint the goggles with Tamiya clear red on the Russian ones and Tamiya clear green on the U.S. ones. My Tamiya clear green is about 30 years old and is kind of syrupy now so I have to order a new bottle. I do have some Tamiya clear blue I could use instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version