Modelling > Informal Lockdown/COVID-19 GB

Yokosuka K5Y1 'Akatombo' (Willow) - a One Wing Biplane - FINISHED

(1/5) > >>

robunos:

Okay . . . started another one.
This one's the Yokosuka K5Y1 trainer, known as the 'Akatombo' ( Red Dragonfly ), because of the orange paint scheme used on these trainers. The Allied Code Name was 'Willow'. At the end of the War, of course, they were also used as Kamikazes . . .
This is the Valom kit, so a small runner in a big box, we can play the game of 'Guess which corner of the box the kit's hiding in? . . . 
 quality isn't bad, BUT, there are no locating pins on the fuselage halves, so getting it lined up is quite fiddly.

Using the upper wings on this model, they have some sweepback, which is uncommon, will give the model a different look. These are already in two pieces, so after filling the strut slots, we're ready to go . . .

That's All For Now, Stay Tuned . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Jeffry Fontaine:
All of these biplanes turned monoplanes surely means that somewhere in your stash is a project with many wings.  :smiley:

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on April 18, 2020, 10:01:06 AM ---All of these biplanes turned monoplanes surely means that somewhere in your stash is a project with many wings.  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

I was about to say the same thing. ;)

robunos:
As I've said elsewhere on here, other people have a Spares Box, I have a Spare Wings Box . . . .   ;D
The spare wings will get used, one way or another, on other builds, in fact, I have a model nearing completion, which illustrates this perfectly . . .   ;)

cheers,
Robin.

apophenia:

--- Quote from: robunos on April 19, 2020, 05:28:19 AM ---... in fact, I have a model nearing completion, which illustrates this perfectly...

--- End quote ---

Oh, you tease!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version