Modelling > U.S. Enters WWII Early (1940) GB

TT somehow finds time to participate?!

(1/6) > >>

taiidantomcat:

just a very simple "chop job" in paint. I'm no profiler and this is not mine originally (I would give the artist credit if it was noted, couldn't find it)

I removed the nose MG (sloppily) used a square to cut the cockpit, dorsal and turret off, and then matched the paint to add just a little bit of blend.

I'm just a huge sucker for any "glass nose" aircraft like the B-29, AR-234 (hey! no wonder this looks familiar!) and I have had this idea with plastic forever, but it will be a while before I ever cut the styrene. Very sleek looking :-*... I guess its reconnaissance due to the lack of armament? or a bomber before we realized they couldn't outrun fighters and needed protection? I believe the colors and such are correct for the 1940ish era as well.

anywho, one of those things I was exploring and that lead to a lazy internet search that turned this profile up, and then i right clicked saved, and in 5 minutes or so was able to create something.  8)

Acree:
That looks really cool.  If you like that, how about USAAC orders Stearman A-21 into production to supplement A-20 (or instead of)? 

Brian da Basher:
That's a killer concept, Mr Tomcat!

Reminds me of some of the earlier N. American design studies.

Quite well done for a quickie!

Brian da Basher

jcf:
Yep, it definitely resembles the Stearman Model X-100/XA-21 in it's original form.

The Big Gimper:
Must build .....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version