Modelling > Everyday Objects GB

Cappuccino One - Completed

(1/13) > >>

Robomog:
Hi All

Back in the saddle and doing something i get great enjoyment from.

I was in McRons having a veggie burger and with my mum and Mrs Lady Mog when both of them caught me fiddling with the plastic top of my McCoffee.

"I recon i could make something out of this" i said

Mrs Mog gave me her 'he's off again' look then to my surprise she called my bluff,

"go on then" she said " go for it and make something"

So Here i am.

It took a while for something to formulate but the brain cells finally collided and i now have a design in my head.

Here is the collection of starting parts, i may not use them all.......

by Robomog, on Flickr

You can probably guess what its going to be,  but i will tell you, its going to be a 50's style flying saucer to transport the little green monster in the middle of the photo above.

I've named him Monty. He was my lucky charm given to me by my late father in law and was with me through a number of cars until i got T-boned three years ago.  I found him in the odd bits box when putting this project together and was a perfect pilot for the design.

The first problem i noticed was the letters engraved in the caps so i had to cut the center's out and lose all the circular details. On the plus side i discovered that the clear lid Fromm the top of a '99' Cornetto fitted almost perfectly in the opening and made a perfect canopy.

Below first parts coming together, three of the cd protectors have been stuck together and the edge sanded to a profile. The bottom body has a piece of plastic stuck on and trimmed to cover the embossed letters. The top body has had the center removed and a trial fit of the canopy.........

by Robomog, on Flickr

Made a trial fit of the parts and found Monty sat a bit low so i created a platform on the bottom body ........

by Robomog, on Flickr

It is fixed with gel superglue and i found a novel way of keeping the pressure on the parts until it set.....

by Robomog, on Flickr

Also started on the undercarriage and controls.........

by Robomog, on Flickr

More as it happens...................

Thanks for looking

Mog
>^-.-^<

Brian da Basher:
I love GBs like this because I can never figure out where things are going almost until the Big Reveal.

You really found a nice collection of objects and I'm going to enjoy watching your progress.

I can only applaud your discipline at not draining the ale before the parts set.

Me, I have no such level of self-control.

:icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer:

Brian da Basher

Kerick:
This is going to be great!
Nice group of parts.

Old Wombat:
If you'd kept the outer 6 x press-button-thingies, you could have had an "alien" control panel. ;)

andonio64:
Fantastic project Mr. Lord Mog, nothing better than a Black Sheep Ale to keep things smoothly going!!!
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version