Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

2014 GB Calendar

<< < (2/9) > >>

taiidantomcat:
I wanted to plant the seed early for the free slot in July for an "armor/tank/land" GB.  :) 4 weeks may not be perfect (I need four years typically  ;D)

But without cockpits to paint and generally not much in the way of clear parts to be concerned about, I think an armor GB would fit really well.  thoughts?

jcf:
How about a build that has nothing to do with death and destruction or stupidly extended wars?
Yeah, I know it won't happen as most people seem to prefer fantasy worlds where they can kill everybody
they hate, or think they hate based on the bullshit propaganda they've been conditioned to believe.
To be blunt, most whiffery I've seen over the decades has been unimaginative wankery. So no reason to expect anything different.
 :-X

GTX_Admin:
How about a fast Racing GB?  This could include race cars, speed boats, Reno racers...etc.  it would not need to have any military connections.  Given the short time window, it could be a fast challenge.

Cliffy B:
Did we ever talk about a "found object" GB?  Grab some random piece of whatever and turn it into well...anything!  An example would be the old computer mouse turned into a Dune buggy on here a while back.  The details and builder/artist escape me at the moment but you get the gist.  Back on the old whiff site someone (now since passed  :-[ ) turned an old stapler or paper clip holder into a "Scarab fighter".  Some kind of unmanned speedy space fighter out of a random bit of plastic office junk.  Again you get the idea.

I have a whole box of assorted things I've been saving for something like that.  Keep eying it every so often and keep fighting the urge to trash the whole box.  Just a thought  :)

Volkodav:

--- Quote from: jcf on March 23, 2014, 10:38:44 AM ---How about a build that has nothing to do with death and destruction or stupidly extended wars?
Yeah, I know it won't happen as most people seem to prefer fantasy worlds where they can kill everybody
they hate, or think they hate based on the bullshit propaganda they've been conditioned to believe.
To be blunt, most whiffery I've seen over the decades has been unimaginative wankery. So no reason to expect anything different.
 :-X

--- End quote ---

Sounds good, airliners, ocean liners, cars, trucks, Motorbikes  8), luxury yachts?

Actually quite a few navy ships end up in commercial roles and some, including frigates, PBs and MTBs have been converted to yachts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version