General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

LF: 48th scale AIM-26 Falcon missiles

(1/2) > >>

Rickshaw:
I am looking for some 1/48 scale AIM-26 Falcon missiles.  I need six in total.  I am aware that Maestro models in Sweden make some resin ones but I'd prefer to work in plastic.   Even one would be appreciated (if absolutely necessary I'll mould my own).

LemonJello:

--- Quote from: Rickshaw on February 01, 2013, 10:08:35 AM ---I am looking for some 1/48 scale AIM-26 Falcon missiles.  I need six in total.  I am aware that Maestro models in Sweden make some resin ones but I'd prefer to work in plastic.   Even one would be appreciated (if absolutely necessary I'll mould my own).

--- End quote ---

I have some AIM-4D and -4G Falcons from the Hasegawa set in 1/48.  Will those work? 

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Rickshaw on February 01, 2013, 10:08:35 AM ---I am looking for some 1/48 scale AIM-26 Falcon missiles.  I need six in total.  I am aware that Maestro models in Sweden make some resin ones but I'd prefer to work in plastic.   Even one would be appreciated (if absolutely necessary I'll mould my own).
--- End quote ---

Squadron's True Details product line used to offer a very decent resin 1:48th scale AIM-26 shape for sale but it now appears to be unavailable which makes no sense at all.  Search for and try to network on-line to source a pair of these, you might get lucky and find some closer to home. 

IPMS Product Review: Squadron True Details 1:48th scale AIM-26 (TD48542)
Click on thumbnail or html to view article. 

--- Quote from: LemonJello on February 03, 2013, 12:51:37 AM ---
--- End quote ---
I have some AIM-4D and -4G Falcons from the Hasegawa set in 1/48.  Will those work?
--- End quote ---

The physical size differences between the two Falcons is not so much on the length as it is on the girth.  Very little of the smaller in diameter AIM-4 could be used to create the lager in diameter and very "spindle" shaped body of the AIM-26.  Might be worth a shot to try and kit bash the AIM-4 with an AIR-2 Genie and even then it is going to need a lot of sculpting to get it right. 

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: LemonJello on February 03, 2013, 12:51:37 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The -4G will work just fine, as its similar to the shape I'm after.   I'll send you a PM with details.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Seven years on since this topic was created.  Often wondered over the past couple of years about the availability of the True Details AIM-26 AAM kit as it has not been offered for quite some time now.  Called Squadron this afternoon to inquire about the item and was given what I think is an honest reply.  Item did not sell enough, moulds broke down too soon and product was discontinued because of these reasons.  A shame now that there are still two 48th scale kits that coiuld and did carry the AIM-26/RB-27 IRL (F-102 and J-35 Draken) now available but now no AIM-26/RB-27 shapes to use with either kit.  Maybe someone will get motivated to create a 3D printed model one of these days. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version