Notices > Forum Notices

NEW SMILIE CHOICE ... POLL 1 ...

(1/3) > >>

jcf:
Okay I've been looking through options available from SMF (for the reason that they are known to be compatible)
this one is called ClabIcons (I've nicknamed it FSM for obvious reasons).

I'll be putting up polls on other options over the coming days, and will leave each emoticon collection live for a
few days.

Note that not all sets have the same images, so those Yolks used previously, some will be dead for the moment.

I am looking into a reduced size version of Yolks as well.

Regards, Jon

BTW I have activated each members ability to change smilie sets in their profile, be aware however that
as not all images are in all sets it means that while you can see something, a person with different settings
might get an X or ? in a box.

Stargazer2006:
The new gray set of icons is incredibly dull!! They don't stand out on an already slightly hued grayish background.
Actually, I seem to recall that a few members (me included) had suggested a different set as this.
Bring back the old pixel-type emoticons! To me they are still the best.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Stargazer2006 on January 07, 2012, 07:22:57 AM ---Actually, I seem to recall that a few members (me included) had suggested a different set as this.

--- End quote ---

We are looking into this.  The only problem (as Jon has alluded to above) is that the version of Simple Machines Forum (the forum software we are using) is of a much more modern release status than that used on other boards.  Not all smiley packs are compatible which results in the dreaded Red X's and the like.  That is not to say that the ones you and others have referred to won't work, it's just that we only find out after we have uploaded.

Regards,

Greg

jcf:

--- Quote from: Stargazer2006 on January 07, 2012, 07:22:57 AM ---The new gray set of icons is incredibly dull!! They don't stand out on an already slightly hued grayish background.
Actually, I seem to recall that a few members (me included) had suggested a different set as this.

--- End quote ---

Then you'll hate the transparent ones that are only features of the emoticons without a coloured balloon head.  :icon_fsm:

Doom!:
Wow, you guys aren't kidding about the lack of availablility for SMF2.0.2 compatible smileys. I did find a couple which are a little more traditional.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3228 or this one http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3230

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version