Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

Litvyak's profiles

(1/92) > >>

Litvyak:
Well, after having a right me of a time getting registered and able to log in, I'm finally here too!

Big Thank You to GTX for getting this new spot going. :)

I debated for a bit whether to take a new username, but I decided against it. One, because this is the name I use at all modelling fora, and two, because forum here or there, Lydia Litvyak was one of my childhood heroes and that's not changing, ever!

I also debated for a bit whether I should post my old profiles too... I may yet do so for my alternate-Hungary ones, but I decided not to repost the AltCan profiles, as they - along with an ever-growing amount of minutiae - can be seen at http://altcan.webs.com/index.htm.

For now, I'll get started with this as-yet unpublished profile: AltCan's Boeing CP-207 Argus II:

"As a replacement for the aging CP-140, the RCAF decided to cut costs by purchasing an existing design (though politics were the reason the RCAF opted for an American-built aircraft, instead of acquiring new-build Canadair CP-140s with upgraded systems). Boeing built the airframes of the first two to P-8 specifications, but apart from flight-related systems and avionics, the aircraft were delivered incomplete in 2009 to de Havilland Canada, who installed the Canadian-designed and built sensor suite and ASW equipment. The remaining 18 units will be built completely by Boeing, including installation of sensors and other equipment, which is to be delivered to Boeing from Canada. As such, the CP-207, while externally virtually identical to the American P-8, is significantly different from its American counterpart. Deliveries commenced in December 2009 with two units to 404 Sqn. A total 30 of to be delivered by 2014 (serials 207001-207030), at which time the last of the CP-140 Aurora are to be retired. "

A new page for the CP-207 has been added to the AltCan site, which, I would ask, if you're interested in my Alternate Canada, do please check regularly, as there are lots of minute details too small to post here that I'm gathering together there (e.g. squadron histories, etc.).

The next batch of profiles will include something for you Aussies, too! ;)

JP Vieira:
Excellent first profile; keep them coming

sotoolslinger:
Nifty. Moar!

Tophe:
Congratulations for the new one, and thanks for the link (I have discovered the nice Archers there, enriching very much the Mirage family)...

Brian da Basher:
Excellent! Maple leaves are always a welcome touch!

Brian da Basher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version