Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Preferences for GBs

<< < (3/4) > >>

ysi_maniac:
Well IMHO a SIG is just a kind of GB without contest or a GB is a kind of SIG with dates and prices.

I mean, can someone have/administrate a subforum devoted to a particular theme?

Thanks.

tsrjoe:
two concurrently sounds ok to me, too many might just dilute the effort ? 2-3 months per theme sounds good too, i agree if unfinished in that time it wont be ready in twice that, also means we can have a turnover too say maybe 8 theme builds per year ?

cheers, Joe

Weaver:
My twopennth':

No more than two running at the same time, with staggered start and end dates.

One month for any GB is probably a bit short, given that work/family/other disruptions can be of the order of weeks. Two months gives you a chance to pull back a " lost week" or two. If the disruption is of the order of months, then it's probably really serious.....

I disagree with the idea that limited scope GBs should be short and wide scope ones long. I think it's okay to vary the length of GBs, but there are more factors at work than just scope. For instance, a broad-based "real hardware in wrong colours GB" will feature many builds that are physically OOB and shouldn't take that long. On the other hand, a limited-scope "Original Sci-fi" GB will almost inevitably involve a lot of kitbashing and scratchbuilding and so will take longer.

GTX_Admin:
Thanks for the feedback folks - please keep it coming.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 10, 2012, 11:02:40 PM ---Well IMHO a SIG is just a kind of GB without contest or a GB is a kind of SIG with dates and prices.

I mean, can someone have/administrate a subforum devoted to a particular theme?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

What did you have in mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version