Modelling > Post Apocalyptic GB

1/35 scavenged, electric 3 wheeled truck DONE

(1/8) > >>

Frank3k:
This is post apocalyptic GB adjacent - I started it before the GB started, so I won't enter it. This is one of those cursed kits - I don't know if it's the blue plastic or what, but it's been on my shelf of doom in one state or another for several years with various plans for it going by the wayside. At one point, it was going to be a half-track, but I looked at the plastic and lost interest.

Here's where I was earlier this week. The chassis frame and cargo area are from the Arii 1/32 1955 Daihatsu CM-10. The body is from the blue hot rod from the Lindberg 1/32 Show Rods, the front is the front of the Daihatsu cabin, cut and trimmed to fit the hot rod body. The tires are an alternate set from the Hobby Boss GAZ-67 kit. I've since replaced the cargo area bars with scratchbuilt ones. It took less time to build than to remove the flash from just one of the very fragile bars:

You can tell from the way Nigel is sitting that this is a cramped vehicle. The single electric motor drives the rear wheels through the existing transmission. It's a left-over 3D printed motor from my Theseus 8x8 Amphibious cargo hauler Surprisingly, it fit well with only minor trimming.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Will it tip over like the Reliant Robin?  :smiley:

Frank3k:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on August 20, 2021, 10:42:05 AM ---Will it tip over like the Reliant Robin?  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

It's post-apocalyptic, so I imaging it would at the worst possible moment.

Buzzbomb:
Tip it in the Post Apoc Gb, we are short on starters so more than happy to have it join the GB, we only a month and a bit to go and I am sure you are going to add more and paint it so bring it over.

Let GTX know if you want it move to the GB thread.

Frank3k:
Even though it looks almost done, I think I'm barely half way there.

Front view. One of the kit's headlights was a short shot. I'll make use of that defect; they won't stay this shiny:

The cargo bars are scratchbuilt. I tried to do a Reliant Robin Roll... but this vehicle is too long and it refused to roll.
The big gray boxes are from the Space:1999 1/24 Amphicat/Moon Buggy. Here, they're batteries for motive power and general power when the vehicle is stopped:

The cargo area. The body looks turned to one side, but it's not glued in yet:

The other side, I made one of the wheels red, just to be different. I know there are ejector marks. Hopefully they'll be covered by cargo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version