Modelling > Invasion of Japan/Japan ‘46 GB

Ki-109 +

(1/6) > >>

Dr. YoKai:
Plus what, I dunno yet. I have had this ancient beast since the nineties, and by golly this time I'm going to build it.
Honestly, except for the scribed national insignia marks on the plastic, it's a pretty nice kit. I had it in High School, but sold it off when I went off to College. Not quite sure what 'advances' I'm going to add to it, but I expect to
keep it fairly simple.
DSCF0170 by VileDr.Yo
For it's time the LS kit is still a terrific presentation - I had forgotten the color inserts, and the extra clear fuselage.
(If anybody has an extra canopy for a Ki-67 or a Ki 109, let me know.  ;)

The Big Gimper:
Side note on LS. They were bought by Hasegawa at some point. Also boxed as ARII and Micro Ace

The 1/72 kits that I have are of excellent quality but not all. (see above)

finsrin:
FYI,,,  cockpit portion of Experimental Flying Wing Bomber is from Ki-67.  Sure you will recognize it.

Dr. YoKai:
 I know about a lot of 'experimental flying wing bombers' - not sure which one you mean?
 Spent the weekend digging through the odds and ends, and came up with a couple of possibilities.
 Either a pair of Jumoesque* turbojets on the outside of the radial nacelles, or two of the three ramjets
 from my old and since repurposed Huma Triebflugel. If I go with the latter, I will remove the second vertical fin
 from the clear fuselage, and move th fine on the original to give it a v-tail. Cogitatin' ensues...

*It's like Junoesque without the Diana Dors...

apophenia:

--- Quote from: finsrin on October 03, 2020, 04:07:57 AM ---FYI,,,  cockpit portion of Experimental Flying Wing Bomber is from Ki-67.  Sure you will recognize it.

--- End quote ---

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=9007.0  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version