Modelling > Aero-space

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 Fishbed

<< < (2/41) > >>

GTX_Admin:
As a start, has anyone considered converting one of Eduard's new 1/48 MiG-21 kits into an operational Ye-2?

dy031101:
I was going to ask if Ye-7PD could be what-ifed into a carrier aircraft for industries with no access to catapults or thrust-vectoring engine tech, but then I heard that its slow-speed handling is so bad that its test pilot had to activate the afterburner just to land the thing......

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: dy031101 on April 22, 2012, 09:02:23 AM ---I was going to ask if Ye-7PD could be what-ifed into a carrier aircraft for industries with no access to catapults or thrust-vectoring engine tech, but then I heard that its slow-speed handling is so bad that its test pilot had to activate the afterburner just to land the thing......

--- End quote ---

Maybe in the whiff verse, those aspects were overcome?

GTX_Admin:
Maybe also for the carrier version one could give it a VG wing ala the Su-17?

Daryl J.:
The YE-2 is exactly what I hope to do with Eduard's F-13 variant when it comes out.   Notice the vertical stab is quite a bit thinner in chord on the MiG-21F than it is on the F-13's.   
Perhaps a swing-wing MF.
I love the ogival winged Tu-144 test aircraft as well featured a number of years ago in Fine Scale Modeler.    That would look great on the MF & bis as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version