Modelling > Aero-space

Junkers Ju85, Ju88, Ju288, Ju388 and Ju488... Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (2/14) > >>

dy031101:
I wonder how Flak M43 37mm would do since navweaps.com describes it as a modified MK 103......  :want:

Maverick:
The Mk 103 was of comparable weight to the Vickers S gun.  Interesting in itself with the former being 30mm whilst the latter was a 40mm weapon.   I suspect a Flak gun would be substantially heavier due to its ground mount.  For a turreted weapon, I shouldn't think the refinements of the Flak gun would be necessary and a Mk 103 would be sufficient.  The more important question would be if the weapon had the ability to be slewed about for efficient anti-fighter work, which I suspect wouldn't be the case.

Regards,

John

BadersBusCompany:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 17, 2011, 06:58:45 AM ---Tri-motor Ju88:

--- End quote ---

:in-love: :in-love: :in-love:

dy031101:

--- Quote from: Maverick on December 17, 2011, 01:44:00 PM ---The Mk 103 was of comparable weight to the Vickers S gun.  Interesting in itself with the former being 30mm whilst the latter was a 40mm weapon.
--- End quote ---

To its credit the Vickers S does seem lighter than the Flak M43 (I don't know the exact extent of the modification done to fire the heavier 37mm round, but the gun seems scaled up from the original MK 103).

--- Quote from: Maverick on December 17, 2011, 01:44:00 PM ---I suspect a Flak gun would be substantially heavier due to its ground mount.  For a turreted weapon, I shouldn't think the refinements of the Flak gun would be necessary and a Mk 103 would be sufficient.  The more important question would be if the weapon had the ability to be slewed about for efficient anti-fighter work, which I suspect wouldn't be the case.

--- End quote ---

Flak M43 on its lightest naval mount can be trained by shoulder stirrup but elevated via a handwheel (probably to keep the stirrup on the operator's shoulders during high-angle firing).  Granted that still doesn't quite telll us about how fast the gun can swing.

GTX_Admin:
Bah!  Let's not worry about the physics/practicalities!  Model it! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version