Modelling > Land

Chieftain and Challenger Tank Ideas and Inspiration

(1/18) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Hi folks,

I can't believe that we did't have a thread dedicated to your Chieftain and Challenger Tank Ideas and Inspiration...but we do now:

GTX_Admin:
To begin with, looking at this image made me wonder...what about a non tracked but rather purely wheeled Chieftain:

raafif:
thanks to a certain miscreant on here (yes, it was Volkodav) I'm considering an IDF Chieftan with Blazer-block armour ... have the bits, just researching the year of introduction & correct colour scheme ;)

GTX_Admin:
How about a downgraded Chieftain with a 105mm gun?

Weaver:
Academy have just brought out a range of inexpensive 1/48th tanks (just posted details on their thread) which include a Challenger. That puts lots of ideals in my head:

Swap the cupola and all external "style" bits between the Merkava and the Challenger to make an Israeli Chally and a British Merk.

There was a project in the 1980s for an export tank called the Vickers Valiant that was essentially a Leo II hull with a Vickers turret and the rifled 120mm gun. It never got anywhere, but I think I'm right in saying that some of the turret work got iinto Challenger II. You could do this as a turret swap between a Leo and a Chally. The Valiant turret wasn't exactly like a Chally, but it had the same style.

Simple barrel swap between the Leo and the Chally: one shows Britain biting the bullet and adopting the German smoothbore, while the other shows either NATO adopting the rifled gun or the Germans offering it as an export option for the Middle East.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version