Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Preferences for GBs

(1/4) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Folks,

A few have mentioned it already, so I thought I would start a dedicated thread.  What is your preference re GBs? 

* Do you want multiple ongoing at the one time?  If so, how many is the maximum?
* What is your preferred GB length?
* What other aspects would you like to see our GBs include?
Regards,

Greg

taiidantomcat:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 27, 2011, 04:25:06 AM ---Folks,

A few have mentioned it already, so I thought I would start a dedicated thread.  What is your preference re GBs? 

* Do you want multiple ongoing at the one time?  If so, how many is the maximum?
* What is your preferred GB length?
* What other aspects would you like to see our GBs include?
Regards,

Greg

--- End quote ---

I think one or two GBs is a good limit until we can increase membership.

length should vary, thats easier said than done but I feel limited themes should be shorter. IE A Spitfire GB shouldn't go longer than a month (with optional extension of course) while a large theme like "Post Vietnam" should be around 2-3 months.

Other aspects? Hmmm qood question. I like the voting, I think its fun. Even with nothing at stake I think the most popular model should be recognized as such. What about a "blown deadline"  or better late than never contest where folks who didn't make the deadline and extension have their own vote too? I fail to finish a lot of GBs and I find the model collects dust for sometime after, maybe I come back a year later and finish it. Anything to eliminate that...  Maybe you have the Vote every four months or so and it can span multiple GBs, so there is still some desire to finish by that deadline even if you missed the contest deadline? Thoughts?

Brian da Basher:
I really like the idea of having a Blown Deadline GB, maybe once a year? Sounds like it'd be a great Beyond the Sprues tradition!

Voting would seem necessary to give the GBs a reason besides just being a showcase. With the members we have, I think we can manage this in a fun, friendly way.

I think we should be careful not to have more than two GBs going at the same time, that way participants can focus their energies. We should also be careful that no GBs completely overlap (have the same start & end dates) so they get the proper attention.

Brian da Basher

GTX_Admin:
Maybe this Blown Deadline GB should be run right at the end of the year as a kind of catch-all GB?

Regards,

Greg

taiidantomcat:
Sounds good! Glad everyone likes the idea :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version