Modelling > Black Projects GB

Habu

(1/12) > >>

taiidantomcat:
It is time to get this show on the road! So after a close look at my stash and making a few pro/con decisions, I took out the SR-71 box and dug out a kit.

:icon_ninja: Not going to give anything away on this. No more hints, or help-- This is a Black Project after all!! I will talk about techniques, bit for the most part I will let the pictures do the talking for how this will end.  :icon_ninja:

Jeffry Fontaine:
Italeri, Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, or Chinese clone?  I know it is 1/72nd scale.  :)

taiidantomcat:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on July 07, 2012, 11:37:39 AM ---Italeri, Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, or Chinese clone?  I know it is 1/72nd scale.  :)

--- End quote ---

It is the latest Revell boxing.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: taiidantomcat on July 07, 2012, 12:52:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on July 07, 2012, 11:37:39 AM ---Italeri, Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, or Chinese clone?  I know it is 1/72nd scale.  :)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yep, no doubt about it.  I missed the D-21 launch pylon and the transport dolly parts that are still attached to the sprues.  I missed those the first time I looked at that image. 

taiidantomcat:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on July 07, 2012, 02:44:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: taiidantomcat on July 07, 2012, 12:52:29 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yep, no doubt about it.  I missed the D-21 launch pylon and the transport dolly parts that are still attached to the sprues.  I missed those the first time I looked at that image.

--- End quote ---

I didnt know what those were!  ;D I finally had to resort to looking at the instructions  :o

Scale-o-rama

Intrument panels have wonderful detail that responded easily to a wash.

Glued them in and reinforced them with sprue

Super glued the halves together. This got a little dicey as the super glue began running Just about everywhere including onto my shorts!!  :( But I managed to clamp everything together well enough and avoid serious issues in the future (or so I hope)

The next step is to fill and sand the hell out of it to make it smooth, after that I have to fit the new Tail fins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version