General Category > New Model Kit News/Reviews

Gran Ltd. (granmodels.ru)

(1/2) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Gran Models located in Moscow, Russia offers a number of injection molded plastic model kits in 1/72nd scale.  The one that caught my eye was the SA-2 Guideline (S-75 "Wolchow") SAM which was the subject of a kit review by Manual Leyva at Modellversium.de.  I found the link for the Gran Models web page and discovered that they produce much more than just the S-75/SA-2 SAM. 

Link to products page at Gran Models
Link to future releases page at Gran Models

There are two very interesting subjects scheduled for future release that some of you folks will appreciate very much.  A shame that they are in 1/72nd scale. 

Here is a kit review from Modellversium.de for the S-75 "Wolchow" (SA-2 Guideline) SAM

(Image source: Modellversium.de/Manuel Leyva)
Click on html or image to view.

Litvyak:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on June 23, 2012, 11:53:19 PM ---There are two very interesting subjects scheduled for future release that some of you folks will appreciate very much.  A shame that they are in 1/72nd scale. 

--- End quote ---

Rapier and GAZ-69! Love their general selection of SAMs, too. And in the Ideal Scale, too... brilliant. Thanks for this info!

GTX_Admin:
Bah!!! Wrong scales... ;)

Jeffry Fontaine:
Certainly would be nice if one of these companies would try to produce the various radars for each of these missile systems.   That would give someone the resources to build a complete air defense battery including the fire control and electronics vans to go with the radars.  This is definitely something that would not be affordable if built in a larger scale but attractive enough in something smaller like 1/144th or 1/72nd scale would create a reasonably sized diorama project. 

Litvyak:
Don't quote me but I *think* some of the radars and such are available in railway scales like 1:87 and 1:120, but I agree, it would be nifty to have the "secondary vehicles" available in larger scales.

Though, for an SA-2 or SA-3 site, for example, I'm not sure I'd want to do it much bigger than 1:120...........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version