Modelling > Land

M113 Family of Vehicles

<< < (2/91) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on April 27, 2012, 06:25:26 AM ---Australian T-50 M113 Conversion
--- End quote ---

One version of the 1/35th scale M113 from Academy does include the T-50 turret plus a few other interesting items such as the M40 Recoilless Rifle and flame thrower turret for the M132 Flame Track. 

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on April 27, 2012, 06:25:26 AM ---Australian T-50 M113 Conversion

--- End quote ---

I wonder what the copper wire is meant to be.  I've never seen  T150 turret with a guard or handle shaped like that on it.

Maverick:
Apparently the guard is a "Fire suppression rail" to stop the possibility of firing the mgs into the cargo area of the Bucket.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/firestorm/fst081.htm  (specifically the 3rd Photo & paragraph directly above this).

Regards,

John

jcf:
The book Vietnam Tracks, includes a photo in which one can see an ARVN M113 equipped with an M8 armored-car
turret, along with photos of M74C turret equipped ARVN and Oz vehicles.

Another early ARVN addition was the mounting of armored helicopter seats on top of the original ACAV-type vehicles for
unit commanders and their US advisors. 

Feldmarschall Zod:
I do wonder if a version that would have six road wheels per side would degrade it's swimming capability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version