Modelling > Aero-space

Boeing B-29 Superfortress ideas and inspiration

(1/58) > >>

Daryl J.:
US Navy post war anti submarine variant:  Shortened fuselage immediately fore and aft the wing.  Belly radar.   Overall Gloss Sea Blue, later variants have a gloss white upper surface.  What to do with bomb bay modifications?   I have no idea.   :o   That has yet to be thought through.      Designation: PB-whatever.   Serves well into the P-3 era.   

USAF post war variant as a B-50 alternative:   4 turboprop engines (made by some U.S. appliance company...say Kelvinator or such) and swept tail surfaces not unlike the Bear.   Tip tanks.  Arctic scheme.

GTX_Admin:
Something that could have been...I am actually tempted to model this up as an operational bird.  Might do it as an in-flight diorama with the operational F-85A shown being either deployed or recaptured.

elmayerle:
What if the R3350 took rather longer to wring the bugs out and the USAAF was forced to go with the W3420-powered B-39 instead?

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: elmayerle on April 15, 2012, 06:23:49 AM ---What if the R3350 took rather longer to wring the bugs out and the USAAF was forced to go with the W3420-powered B-39 instead?

--- End quote ---

Hmmm...does anyone do a conversion for that I wonder?

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on April 15, 2012, 09:37:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: elmayerle on April 15, 2012, 06:23:49 AM ---What if the R3350 took rather longer to wring the bugs out and the USAAF was forced to go with the W3420-powered B-39 instead?
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...does anyone do a conversion for that I wonder?
--- End quote ---

Scale-O-Rama.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version